The more I study the less I know—Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNX5

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 SCAB in Magnetic. It’s only got 10k on the odo so the tires are good, but these basic stock wheels have got me researching something aftermarket.

I like the stance of the truck currently and I like the edge of the tires pretty much flush with the outer fender. If it pokes out a tiny bit more I’d be fine that, but not much. I just don’t want them to go inward.

I’ve got about $1500 to spend on wheels and I don’t off-road much. I’m lost on color? Which brands and styles are current and compliment the truck and it’s Magnetic color?

I don’t need beadlock I don’t think. I’ve combed through pages of threads on here and there are some sweet setups, but some wheels are concaved a bit which I like, I hear terms like “hub-centric”? So many choices and it’s way more complicated than I thought with all the variables.

Is there any advice or a thread that you know of that can help me?

Thank you

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF! Throw up some pics so we know we aren't trying to put wheels on a Prius. Plus it'll help with color choice.

There are plenty of Magnetics around that I'm sure will chime in and help

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Pacific Wheel ; check out their lightweight wheels thread, lots of great options in there.
stock Rap wheels are 17x8.5” at +34mm offset non bead locks are 34# and bead locks about 37 pounds. You need to keep close to the wheel size/offset to avoid rubbing at full lock turn or on suspension compression, or both. A lot of folks run 0 offset, and their wheels will stick out of the stock fenders. The more the wheels stick out, the more stuff your fronts will throw up on your doors both on and off road.

OP
OP
B

BNX5

Reaction score
Here you go, I will try and grab some more from the side later today after work. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 74

kickingaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you have an questions. I have a big data base of pics on the various offset and where they'll sit as well.

Personally, I really like bronze on magnetic but that's not for everyone.
Justin,

I have been considering the Dirty Life Roadkill 9302 Satin Black Beadlock (9302-7936MB14) for my '17 SCREW as that is the same brand and model of wheel I ru on my Jeep Rubicon. How much different is this wheel than the stock wheel, and will it fit. I believe it will stick out farther than the stock, but I need an expert to tell me how much farther it will extend past the stock wheel and if it is a good fit.

Thanks!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Justin,

I have been considering the Dirty Life Roadkill 9302 Satin Black Beadlock (9302-7936MB14) for my '17 SCREW as that is the same brand and model of wheel I ru on my Jeep Rubicon. How much different is this wheel than the stock wheel, and will it fit. I believe it will stick out farther than the stock, but I need an expert to tell me how much farther it will extend past the stock wheel and if it is a good fit.

Thanks!

The 9302 is a little more aggressive than most people run. It's a little more than 2" out from stock. Basically .5" further than this depending on tire.

17x9 +01 OEM Tire.JPG

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Let me know if you have an questions. I have a big data base of pics on the various offset and where they'll sit as well.
He’s for real, lots of happy customers here.
$1500 per wheel or $1500 total? Gotta pay to play.

Motegi trail lites were about 960 for 6 and are 10 pounds per wheel lighter than stock and 14 pounds lighter than the ’17-’18 bead locks. What do factory bead lock capable wheels cost as an option now?

$1500 / wheel is carbon fiber wheel territory. I know, I’ve got a pair on my zx10r. Can you pay that much? I imagine so, but that’s a lot of Raptor tires in cost difference.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 SCAB in Magnetic. It’s only got 10k on the odo so the tires are good, but these basic stock wheels have got me researching something aftermarket.

I like the stance of the truck currently and I like the edge of the tires pretty much flush with the outer fender. If it pokes out a tiny bit more I’d be fine that, but not much. I just don’t want them to go inward.

I’ve got about $1500 to spend on wheels and I don’t off-road much. I’m lost on color? Which brands and styles are current and compliment the truck and it’s Magnetic color?

I don’t need beadlock I don’t think. I’ve combed through pages of threads on here and there are some sweet setups, but some wheels are concaved a bit which I like, I hear terms like “hub-centric”? So many choices and it’s way more complicated than I thought with all the variables.

Is there any advice or a thread that you know of that can help me?

Thank you
I’ll buy your wheel and tires! IM me