Vorsteiner Offroad VR-601BL 20" (and 17") Wheels Now Available at Apollo Optics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamryi

Reaction score
Did anyone notice real world benefits from lighter wheels (rotational mass)? From my understanding the stock 37 package beadlocks are 37 lbs and the VR-601BLs are 24.4 lbs. Curious to see if anyone has experienced benefits for 13 lb lighter wheels per corner.

Thanks Nick for the quick response!

Vorsteiner

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did anyone notice real world benefits from lighter wheels (rotational mass)? From my understanding the stock 37 package beadlocks are 37 lbs and the VR-601BLs are 24.4 lbs. Curious to see if anyone has experienced benefits for 13 lb lighter wheels per corner.

Some benefits of lighter wheels you might notice in daily use are quicker acceleration, shorter distance to come to a full stop, and better fuel mileage.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Or like my sxs wheels, MSA dark tint. On 601. Something chrome but not chrome.View attachment 425483

Unfortunately, this is not a finish that we offer on the VR wheels. However, we do have a similar finish with a dark brushed tint in some other wheels from Vossen. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like some more info.

I can actually speak to this firsthand.

We were one of the first dealers to debut the VenomRex wheels back in the day and I had their first ever set of bronze on my 2018 Raptor. I wanted to be able to upgrade to a more aggressive tire, but also be able to save weight and not go super heavy with my setup. So I installed the 20x9 VR-601 wheels that weighted 28.4lb and then wrapped them in Nitto Ridge Grappler 325/60R20 tires that were E rated instead of F rated and weighed less than their 35x12.50R20 counterparts.

The result was that the stock wheel and tire combo weighed 97.7lb combined and the VR + Nitto setup weighed 98.2lb and it felt just like stock. Later on, we decided to run a set of the VR-602 17" wheels which were 24lb on the stock BFGs and you could really tell a huge difference in that 10lb.

Remember that rotational weight, AKA unsprung weight, has about a 10:1 effect vs static weight. So removing 10lb at each corner for a total of 40lb of unsprung weight is like removing 400lb off the truck. You'll feel that difference in your acceleration, braking, and even your fuel mileage...if you can keep your foot out of it!

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also guys, I wanted to update this post and the main post has been updated.

The new 20" VR-601BL wheel in the 6x135 bolt pattern for Ford truck is actually a +12 offset and not a 0 offset. We were originally told that the new 20s would be 0 offset, but that was a mistake. The 17" wheels are still a 0 offset.