Making two offers tomorrow on an R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly after having my R for 2 weeks, I miss the drivability and range on my gen 2 goosetuned stage 2 with Cobb FMIC and intake.

It has no low /mid end like a goosetuned pull and drivability. Feathering it everywhere getting old just to eek out 12MPG. I would drive normally and 75-85 on the highway and get over 550miles to the tank. You constantly have to wrap it to pull.

Honestly I'm more paranoid about it getting hit or stolen too because it's not replaceable as another TT3.5.
All great points, appreciate you sharing.

The paranoid feeling because it’s tougher to replace is something I hadn’t thought about, that would weigh on me for sure.

Thanks again!

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The paranoid feeling because it’s tougher to replace is something I hadn’t thought about, that would weigh on me for sure.

Thanks again!
One thing I posted in Cobb forum is a tune for the R. I want 2 things. Valet mode and anti theft. I was one of many victims last summer of the string of raptor thefts. San Antonio detectives said all over was largely cartel and general gang thefts that sold to the cartel to transport large sums of money across the border. You can load them up and go south and typically CBP doesn't really look as it being a high end car.

I've triple air tagged my truck and have a remote immobilizer that is not reversible once triggered.

Only if I can have a remote C4 strapped to the tank to give ************* theives and ******* what they deserve.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks again!
Honestly if the 23 came in carbon gray with black Recaro in TT3.5, I would have done it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
One thing I posted in Cobb forum is a tune for the R. I want 2 things. Valet mode and anti theft. I was one of many victims last summer of the string of raptor thefts. San Antonio detectives said all over was largely cartel and general gang thefts that sold to the cartel to transport large sums of money across the border. You can load them up and go south and typically CBP doesn't really look as it being a high end car.

I've triple air tagged my truck and have a remote immobilizer that is not reversible once triggered.

Only if I can have a remote C4 strapped to the tank to give ************* theives and ******* what they deserve.
SAPD and local jurisdictions don’t actually do anything for stolen vehicles other than take a report for your insurance.
The cartels do put bounties on 4x4 super crew trucks because they can haul all kinds of folks in them. Other vehicles too, but trucks get a lot of $$$. Gangs will target them, meet up and collect the bounty. LOTS of hotels are victimized, quick jump to the interstate and you’re 2.5-ish hours from the border.