Maintenance Warranty/Premium Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kernoff

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I pickup my new 2019 Raptor tomorrow. First-time owner. The sales guy is trying the pitch me both these plans. Obviously they tell a good story but these plans are not cheap. Does anyone have thoughts on this subject? Are the plans worth it for this vehicle?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me, it’s a hard “NO”. I’ll do all my own maintenance in my garage. The farther I stay away from dealer service, the better.

If you don’t want to do any yourself, find a good mechanic. Take pictures, document and keep reciepts for warranty purposes.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Search on here there are dozens of threads. Hard yes on extended warranty if you're keeping it longer than 3/36. Flood Ford usually has the best prices.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Flood Ford ESP for the extended warranty. My dealer couldn't touch that price. It also gives you the freedom of buying it a few months down the road for the same price so you can buy more mods now. :D

loboloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I pickup my new 2019 Raptor tomorrow. First-time owner. The sales guy is trying the pitch me both these plans. Obviously they tell a good story but these plans are not cheap. Does anyone have thoughts on this subject? Are the plans worth it for this vehicle?

I have always opted for the service, as well as the extended warranty plan, if for no other reason than just peace of mind. For my new 2019 Raptor I even added the tire and windshield protection. In ND you are almost guaranteed to get chips/cracks in your windshield, as there are still a lot of gravel roads in use. Hence, when you drive down the highway or interstate, someone usually has some gravel come loose from their tire. The longest I ever managed to own a vehicle without a chipped windshield here was about 13 month; the shortest about 30 minutes after leaving the dealership. After having to replace one of my tires last year due to a sidewall puncture at a total cost of about $320, I decided to get the tire plan as well.

The nice thing is that you will always get the prorated remaining balance of your warranty plans refunded if or when you trade in your vehicle for a new one. One piece of advice, do not let them add the cost for the plans to your vehicle's purchase price, unless you don't mind paying interest. Most companies selling ESPs will finance your plan interest-free for 12-24 month.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ESP plan is worth it. I don’t do the maintainance plan as I do my own maintenance, but have the ESP for warranty items. With today’s vehicles a 2000 repair is not unusual if an major component goes bad.