SVT vehicle maintenance loaner vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What has become of Ford Motor Company? After reading what happened to me, form your own opinion. I purchased a new F-150 Lightning on July 3, 2003. When I was handed the keys to my new truck, it hada document in the glove box. Please see attachment SVT Owner Guide.

Today, I tried to schedule an appointment, for maintenance of my truck, with Gene Messer Ford in Lubbock, Texas. When I explained that the dealer would have to provide a loaner vehicle per the Owner’s Guide Supplement, I was informed that I would have to obtain special authorization from the Ford Special Engineering in order to be granted a loaner vehicle.

I phoned Ford at 800-367-3788. I was transferred to a new number (different department) three times during the one hour and thirty-six minute phone call. Most of the customer service representatives that I talked with were courteous but explained they were limited by their employer’s “guidelines.” The last person that talked to me seemed annoyed that I objected, at various times, to his “presentation.” He informed me that the truck’s warranty had expired in 2006. I read him the paragraph regarding The SVT Premium Service again. I pointed out that service after warranty expiration was not excluded. He then adopted a new position by explaining that the SVT program was no longer in existance and therefore a loaner car would no longer made available. I responded that I did not buy the truck from the SVT program. I explained that Ford Motor Company chose to terminate the SVT program. The Owner’s Guide Supplement did not specify that owner benefits of the SVT program would terminate with the closure of the SVT program.

I know that I bought a Ford truck from a Ford Motor Company dealer, not from Ford Motor Company. Actually, Ford dealers provided loaner vehicles to SVT owners for several years, myself included. It appears that Ford Motor Company now feels their marketing promise to provide a loaner vehicle is too inconvenient to honor. As a reminder, the Supplement states that a loaner vehicle will be provided. Period. No limitations or expiration. I suppose the profit Ford made from my purchase of the truck and the purchase of parts over the years are worth more to Ford Motor Company than their reputation. I didn’t modify the purchase contract to demand a loaner vehicle. Ford Motor Company influenced me to purchase the truck with the statement that a loaner vehicle would be provided as needed.

I notified the customer service representative that I would go to the internet to ask the many Ford owners and potential Ford owners to consider their opinion of Ford Motor Company. So you tell me, what do you think of Ford Motor Company?

Attachments

• SVT Owner Guide Supplement.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 19

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SVT is gone!
I have a 2003 mustang Cobra SVT and 2003 Lightning but in 2008 my free washing and loaner was defunct.
a the time only special dealer was authorized to sell them and repaired them.
n 2015 as a result of Ford's plan to globalize their vehicles, SVT and the European RS division merged, forming Ford Performance and thus aligning all American and European performance vehicle activity together.
It know call ford performance.
what you aspect after 20 years,soon will be an antique!
Only 4270 of your truck was made!
Only 5082 Cobra convertible was made and 311 in silver.so we are history!
I cannot blame Ford!
Sad story ,i crashed the Lightning on a patch of hail,was totaled for missing part,so i bought a raptor,still miss him!

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What has become of Ford Motor Company? After reading what happened to me, form your own opinion. I purchased a new F-150 Lightning on July 3, 2003. When I was handed the keys to my new truck, it hada document in the glove box. Please see attachment SVT Owner Guide.

Today, I tried to schedule an appointment, for maintenance of my truck, with Gene Messer Ford in Lubbock, Texas. When I explained that the dealer would have to provide a loaner vehicle per the Owner’s Guide Supplement, I was informed that I would have to obtain special authorization from the Ford Special Engineering in order to be granted a loaner vehicle.

I phoned Ford at 800-367-3788. I was transferred to a new number (different department) three times during the one hour and thirty-six minute phone call. Most of the customer service representatives that I talked with were courteous but explained they were limited by their employer’s “guidelines.” The last person that talked to me seemed annoyed that I objected, at various times, to his “presentation.” He informed me that the truck’s warranty had expired in 2006. I read him the paragraph regarding The SVT Premium Service again. I pointed out that service after warranty expiration was not excluded. He then adopted a new position by explaining that the SVT program was no longer in existance and therefore a loaner car would no longer made available. I responded that I did not buy the truck from the SVT program. I explained that Ford Motor Company chose to terminate the SVT program. The Owner’s Guide Supplement did not specify that owner benefits of the SVT program would terminate with the closure of the SVT program.

I know that I bought a Ford truck from a Ford Motor Company dealer, not from Ford Motor Company. Actually, Ford dealers provided loaner vehicles to SVT owners for several years, myself included. It appears that Ford Motor Company now feels their marketing promise to provide a loaner vehicle is too inconvenient to honor. As a reminder, the Supplement states that a loaner vehicle will be provided. Period. No limitations or expiration. I suppose the profit Ford made from my purchase of the truck and the purchase of parts over the years are worth more to Ford Motor Company than their reputation. I didn’t modify the purchase contract to demand a loaner vehicle. Ford Motor Company influenced me to purchase the truck with the statement that a loaner vehicle would be provided as needed.

I notified the customer service representative that I would go to the internet to ask the many Ford owners and potential Ford owners to consider their opinion of Ford Motor Company. So you tell me, what do you think of Ford Motor Company?
Didn't read lol.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walk down memory lane for me
Love my 03 KB cobra and always wanted to get a matching lightning with It. Ended up with a 2013 Ox white raptor to match the Cobra!

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ll bite…

1) a couple things you can do to pressure test the how strong your case is that they are not honoring the exact language in the documentation. start with going through the entire document (not just page 1-2) looking for any kind of fine print that gives ford the right to alter these terms or even a blanket statement around the life of the terms in the entire document. This would include the primary owners manual, Considering this is a supplement any broad statements in the primary manual could or would apply. You can see that oil changes are excluded and it specifically calls out warranty and routine maintenance as the types of service that apply. Is the maintenance you are doing still “routine” by the exact letter of fords definition in any other documents around maintenance. Considering the age of the vehicle it could be you have moved out of its expected life and the maintenance is no longer “routine” as defined by ford.
2) the spirit of the offer… looks like you called regular ford customer service, I would call ford performance, they have their own owner support. I think at some level they might even be curious about a lightning that is still on the road.
3)tweet Jim Farley the detail above on your vehicle asking if ford no longer stand behind svt just because they rolled them into ford performance.

BigTaco

Reaction score
SVT has been gone for a long time. I think the OP’s complaint is at best, a cheap shot. This complaint is nonsensical. Ford will not care and shouldn’t. It also shows a complete understanding of how businesses run and change over time. Boo to you.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it really worth your time and frustration to pursue this? I’m assuming you have a Raptor as your other vehicle, that’s why you’re here correct? So if you don’t need a loaner to get around, are you just upset about this just based on principle?

It’s important to note the fine print in the SVT supplement:

Ford may change the contents without notice and without incurring obligation”.

If you want to save yourself some grief, try and establish a relationship with a single dealer for your purchases and service. Many will cater to loyal customers by providing a loaner or pickup and delivery service.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep always got a loaner with my 02 Lightning . L Has been in a cocoon state since 2008 , 28k on the clock . Still smells brand new inside . May have to put a battery in and mess with the stereo and iridescent lunar glow speedometer , picture of speedo is not mine .

Attachments

• 02 Lightning 28,000 miles.jpg
    02 Lightning 28,000 miles.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 1985 RZ 500  4cyl 2 stroke.jpg
    1985 RZ 500 4cyl 2 stroke.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20170227_181902.jpg
    IMG_20170227_181902.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00063-20110405-1828.jpg
    IMG00063-20110405-1828.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 14
  • speedo.PNG
    speedo.PNG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 13

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a King Ranch for 2 months while my GT350 was getting its motor replaced, I wasn't expecting it though. My rule of thumb is no one actually gives a shit and complaining/brewing only affects you.