Magnaflow Magnapack on my 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok clear up something for me, is drone when you get a break up in sound when you let off the accelerator?

OP
OP
SOCOMech

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Drone is like a reverbaration in sound that you hear inside the cab at certain sweet spots in the rpm range from the exhaust. It's basically like the inside of the truck becomes a big echo/megaphone chamber and it creates a deep, intense noise that can be "not too bad" to "damn that hurts my ears". It's usually more pronounced with the more aggresive exhaust set-ups but there are many variables to it like placement, where it exits, size of the pipe, where the flow changes and so on and so on.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drone is like a reverbaration in sound that you hear inside the cab at certain sweet spots in the rpm range from the exhaust. It's basically like the inside of the truck becomes a big echo/megaphone chamber and it creates a deep, intense noise that can be "not too bad" to "damn that hurts my ears". It's usually more pronounced with the more aggresive exhaust set-ups but there are many variables to it like placement, where it exits, size of the pipe, where the flow changes and so on and so on.

Well said.

Drone or Reverberation can drive you crazy! I had a friend with a big block Chevelle who ran cherry bomb mufflers. You couldn't understand a word he was saying sitting next to him in the passenger's seat of that car. The drone was just unbearable. I had a similar issue with the stock exhaust system on my Harley truck. It would drone about 30-40mph. So I switched to a true dual exhaust system with a "X" pipe. The new system was louder on the outside but the inside drone was gone.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey SOCO sorry to revive this but what shop did you have do this install? Looking for someone to do mine!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Video up now. I think alot of the sound quality is taken away in the video but, this will give you an idea.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5yUx8KvyA4

Daayyyyyuuummmm. I have only heard 2 other 6.2's and this one sounds by far the best. Sounds like an old muscle car. Wiz1500 over on the Z put something on his truck that sounds atrocious...glad it's possible to find a happy medium on the 6.2s

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
btw soco, sorry i don't feel like searching what wheels are those?where did u get them-width-offset-price(if u don't mind)

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
btw soco, sorry i don't feel like searching what wheels are those?where did u get them-width-offset-price(if u don't mind)

They are Method's, new company out of Corona- http://www.methodracewheels.com/
I put the same wheels on my girls car
KirsNEWWheels027.jpg

I like that you spent less than $200 for your set up. The dealership by Magnaflow wanted $750 for the cat back system which is ridiculous for an exhuast.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
do they do the custom flat black finish? and jesus you should have warned me about the prices i think my heart stopped.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Birdman, check the "street" section. the crazy prices are for their race wheels, as in desert ofroad race truck wheels. much much more expensive! Ones for the Rappy are about 160-170 IIRC