Lucas fuel treatment anyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that Chevron makes the best for cleaning/lubing the injectors. It has Tecron in it that really seems to be the market favorite. With the standards of gasoline delivery and tank status at the stations, this Chevron stuff is cheap insurance to protect your injectors.
Chevron Techron is the only additive I’ve seen referenced and approved by factory service information.

Agree completely. I'll add a couple of bottles of Techron to a full (36 gal) tank around every 10k miles before a road trip just to clean things up. Right now, Autozone has 'em on a buy-one-get-one free deal, so I've stocked up 6 bottles.

Might be purely psychological, but it always seems to run smoother and quieter after a tankful, and 1-2 mpg better. 'Course, only done it twice now (currently at 26K miles), but it does seem cheap insurance just to keep the innards clean and happy. And until I see empiric evidence that another product is superior, no reason to change. Probably will pull a few plugs at ~30k miles just to see how they're doing.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway to test these outcomes?

The only way to test the outcomes would be to run multiple engines over many miles (Maybe 75,000-100,000) with breakdowns before and after and syncing up maintenance schedules and...

Not really.

Unless you have access to a lab and can just run two identical engines non-stop.