Lucas fuel treatment anyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GatorBait

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try this Lucas fuel treatment? Says you can use instead of paying for premium fuel. Just used for first time along with premium fuel. Will see if it makes any difference with fuel consumption.

D7EB4328-7BF1-445A-A52D-2B15E131F2FE.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not aware of any data showing how effective the Lucas fuel conditioner is, but it does not increase octane, so if you use anything less than 93 you will see a decrease in performance and fuel efficiency.

Any reference to fuel octane would be in the context of carbon buildup causing knock, resulting in the need to use higher octane. Modern engines run much cleaner and the PCM controls timing to eliminate that scenario, so that is an outdated claimed benefit.

If you run top tier fuel there should be no need to run additives such as this.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try this Lucas fuel treatment? Says you can use instead of paying for premium fuel. Just used for first time along with premium fuel. Will see if it makes any difference with fuel consumption.

They make a great product for diesel engines that cleans/lubes injectors, AND also cleans the DPF. However, on a gas engine, I think that Chevron makes the best for cleaning/lubing the injectors. It has Tecron in it that really seems to be the market favorite. With the standards of gasoline delivery and tank status at the stations, this Chevron stuff is cheap insurance to protect your injectors.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not aware of any data showing how effective the Lucas fuel conditioner is, but it does not increase octane, so if you use anything less than 93 you will see a decrease in performance and fuel efficiency.

Any reference to fuel octane would be in the context of carbon buildup causing knock, resulting in the need to use higher octane. Modern engines run much cleaner and the PCM controls timing to eliminate that scenario, so that is an outdated claimed benefit.

If you run top tier fuel there should be no need to run additives such as this.

Why are there certain tunes that are called "91 octane?" Am I to believe that said tunes allow the Raptor to run on 91 octane?

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are there certain tunes that are called "91 octane?" Am I to believe that said tunes allow the Raptor to run on 91 octane?

For reference, Ford tuning will allow you to run on 87 octane without hurting the engine. Their tuning is adaptive to octane as most manufacturers are these days.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting.

Now, if they "retune" it to run 87, will that gas mileage reflect as worse or equal to stock gas mileage?

87 gas mileage with tune and without the tune?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting.

Now, if they "retune" it to run 87, will that gas mileage reflect as worse or equal to stock gas mileage?

87 gas mileage with tune and without the tune?
Is 87 octane fuel as energy dense as 93? No, so fuel mileage would decrease.