Lowering the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't lose or gain travel with leaf springs but the nice thing is you can get them set to a certain height to make the rear end lower. You'll have better handling as well with an aftermarket set I leaf springs. Deavers or national springs are a great choice if you want a better ride and better handling in the rear and to drop the rear more. I'm on top perch with national standard duty leaf springs and my rear end sits a little lower than the front and looks good!

So are your cvs now at an even more increased angle ? Or is it the same angle that you get from the top perch mod? I haven't had any issues with my CVs, yet but i heard a lot of guys having issues with the 2012 and newer models with top perch. Also where can i purchase the deavers or nationals?

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

You won't lose or gain travel with leaf springs but the nice thing is you can get them set to a certain height to make the rear end lower. You'll have better handling as well with an aftermarket set I leaf springs. Deavers or national springs are a great choice if you want a better ride and better handling in the rear and to drop the rear more. I'm on top perch with national standard duty leaf springs and my rear end sits a little lower than the front and looks good!

And how might this effect towing? I tow a wakeboard boat during the summer.

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding droop will have an affect on your drive shaft angle and might damage things call RPG to order a set of national leaf sprigs!

Drop shackles are for those running larger shocks like 3.5's up through the bed and into a bed rack not on a stock rear end.

I've been on top perch for about 4 years I have a 2010 so it's not an issue. I also haven't had any problems on top perch for the last few years. The newer models have issues cause the torsion front diff i don't know what it is that causes the issues but that seems like it to me!

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

As for towing you shouldn't have any issues at all towing a wake board boat now if you were towing a large trailer or toy hauler then you might get close to the max weight but that's a lot heavier than a wakeboard boat!

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding droop will have an affect on your drive shaft angle and might damage things call RPG to order a set of national leaf sprigs!

Drop shackles are for those running larger shocks like 3.5's up through the bed and into a bed rack not on a stock rear end.

I've been on top perch for about 4 years I have a 2010 so it's not an issue. I also haven't had any problems on top perch for the last few years. The newer models have issues cause the torsion front diff i don't know what it is that causes the issues but that seems like it to me!

Cool thanks ill give rpg a call. I had a feeling that the shackles were somehow the cheap way out…

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problem here to help!!

Hey so it seems like a good deal to actually do the stage 3 instead of just the springs? I already think the truck has an awesome ride and am not ready to change out the stock shocks, but those bumps and reinforced frame seem more like preventative measures to avoid frame bending and damage.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey so it seems like a good deal to actually do the stage 3 instead of just the springs? I already think the truck has an awesome ride and am not ready to change out the stock shocks, but those bumps and reinforced frame seem more like preventative measures to avoid frame bending and damage.

if u jump the truck then yes some frame stiffening would be a good idea. u do have a 13 which has a little stronger rear frame than previous years but if u go big then its a good mod to do