Lowering the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking of lowering the rear of my raptor because i hate the ass up look. i currently am on the top perch and it is just about level i think the rear is still slightly higher. Anyways, what are ways i can lower the rear? I have read a few threads and have heard things such as lowering shackles bought from the common auto parts store and also the deaver 2+ springs. What are the pros and cons to lowering the rear and how can i accomplish this best? willing to spend some coin to get this done right

SFD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some weight in the box. I currently have ten 50# bags of corn in there for traction in the snow & ice

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get some deaver +1s and take out the ford 2" block. it will not only lower your truck 1 inch but make it preform way way better. TMX has a set of +1s in stock about a month ago when i checked.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My springs are new the truck only has 18k on it. What's the cons to the deavers, if any? Maybe worse towing or less up travel?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't lose or gain travel with leaf springs but the nice thing is you can get them set to a certain height to make the rear end lower. You'll have better handling as well with an aftermarket set I leaf springs. Deavers or national springs are a great choice if you want a better ride and better handling in the rear and to drop the rear more. I'm on top perch with national standard duty leaf springs and my rear end sits a little lower than the front and looks good!

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a lowering shackle you can buy, its a shackle thats 1 inch longer by sdhq so you get a 1 inch drop

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i hate the ass up look

7793oj6u17.jpg

7yu1mu037e.jpg

Last edited: