Low End 2019 B&O Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I’m just looking for a little more volume, is there any simple plug and play upgrade for my 2019 802a, technology package truck? Like an additional in-line amp ? Thanks......

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing it bit by bit is often not such a great result unfortunately due to the B&O system. On standard systems it's fine to do but pretty much it's a no go for Raptor guys. There are some affordable options that I can put together for you doing a full setup. Send me a PM in interested.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I’m just looking for a little more volume, is there any simple plug and play upgrade for my 2019 802a, technology package truck? Like an additional in-line amp ? Thanks......

If you are looking for a cheap, easy bump, FatMat and Polyfill do wonders to pump up the power of your sub, which makes the whole system sound fuller. Just be sure to throw the FatMat in the garage for a few days when you get it, because it smells like cat ****. Hush has some really nice stuff for reasonable prices if you want to go in a little deeper.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/why-does-everyone-hate-the-b-o-stereo.76457/page-17

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have my Raptor yet, but I was wondering if the cheap factory sub can be replaced with something of better quality. In addition to sound deadening and polyfill I would think that would provide an inexpensive upgrade.

My brother has the B&O stereo in his 2020 F-250 and was telling me today about how great it is compared to his 2016 F-150.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have my Raptor yet, but I was wondering if the cheap factory sub can be replaced with something of better quality. In addition to sound deadening and polyfill I would think that would provide an inexpensive upgrade.

My brother has the B&O stereo in his 2020 F-250 and was telling me today about how great it is compared to his 2016 F-150.
he is lying...........

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is lying...........

I don’t disagree. I don’t expect to be blown away. I’m sure it’s better than the stock stereo in my VW Passat, but that ain’t saying much. I’ll plan on matting the doors and go from there. I don’t anticipate doing too much.

I was working on a few things on my Dodge 2500 today to get it ready for sale since I’ve got the Raptor ordered. I went pretty far with the stereo on that truck and love the sound. Full dynamat cab and both layers of doors, 1/0 power cable, Boston Acoustics SPZ60 in the front doors, JL Audio 300/2 and 500/1 amps, JL 10W3v2 subs in sealed boxes. Not super exotic, but I spent a lot of time getting the install just right.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately you cant just add an amp in these sound systems. the only way to get more sound is by adding an amp, but amplifying the existing setup is not as easy as it is on other vehicles. your current sound system amplifies the front door, rear door, and subwoofer. the tweeters are ran off deck power. this means you would need to get the signal from the deck for the tweeters and the signal at he oem amp for the front door speakers and sum them together with some type of signal summing device. the nav-v piece is a must if you want to do any kind of audio upgrade. it simplifies the amplifier process. if you dont want to go that route, rockford fosgate has an upgrade package that runs about $850. very minimal upgrade, but could be what you want.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree. I don’t expect to be blown away. I’m sure it’s better than the stock stereo in my VW Passat, but that ain’t saying much. I’ll plan on matting the doors and go from there. I don’t anticipate doing too much.

I was working on a few things on my Dodge 2500 today to get it ready for sale since I’ve got the Raptor ordered. I went pretty far with the stereo on that truck and love the sound. Full dynamat cab and both layers of doors, 1/0 power cable, Boston Acoustics SPZ60 in the front doors, JL Audio 300/2 and 500/1 amps, JL 10W3v2 subs in sealed boxes. Not super exotic, but I spent a lot of time getting the install just right.
well, when you get your truck you can post how crappy the sound system is. @Otis857 is a couple hours south of you in phoenix area last few times i passed through i helped him out on his sound system.