Loud Exhaust Rattle - Currently no fix from Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topgun964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your update.

I think it's now time for me to call Ford customer service. I can't take the rattle anymore.

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates from anyone? I'm going to be dropping my truck off on 11/16 and am coordinating with Ford Customer Relations to get this issue fixed even though Ford hasn't released anything yet. I think I have exercised the extent of my patience with Ford in waiting from them to come up with a fix for this.

Last edited:

topgun964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I am waiting for a backordered part (different issue) to show up, then I'll be taking the truck in for that and the exhaust. I have a case # with ford customer service. Just need to get the truck in the shop before they can do anything else.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much the only recall I care about, and the headlight flickering I can live with (although Ford ordered a replacement headlight already for me)

I can only imagine what the fix will be if the only logical fix is replacing the entire exhaust, and to some people on here that didn't solve the issue either.

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much the only recall I care about, and the headlight flickering I can live with (although Ford ordered a replacement headlight already for me)

I can only imagine what the fix will be if the only logical fix is replacing the entire exhaust, and to some people on here that didn't solve the issue either.
It's not a recall, just a service bulletin for a known issue. My guess is that Ford is working with a vendor to come up with a way to replace the faulty valves without replacing the entire exhaust or integrating a new type of valve into the replacement exhaust systems. Either way, I'm done waiting...

tone

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for this exhaust recall. It wasting time with dealer, specially in the NYC area.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22 had the rattle, dealer replaced the muffler and ironically it was the same day as the bulletin was released. Rattle never returned with the new muffler.