Loud Exhaust Rattle - Currently no fix from Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
No. I tried that first. The valves seemed to shut under hard acceleration. I plugged them back in, initially, then unplugged them while the truck was NOT running. Sounds much better and the valves sound like they are staying in that position! Ill try to attach a video…

Attachments

• IMG_0594.MOV
    3.5 MB
Last edited:

blue22raptor

Reaction score
Here is the actual video of the exhaust valves unplugged on a cold start….sorry, I couldn’t help myself with that last video! :laughing1:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    5.7 MB

KG885

Reaction score
No. I tried that first. The valves seemed to shut under hard acceleration. I plugged them back in, initially, then unplugged them while the truck was NOT running. Sounds much better and the valves sound like they are staying in that position! Ill try to attach a video…
Nice car collection! The extra two cylinders sound great.

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates? I get annoyed at Ford every single time I start my truck since they refuse to fix this broken piece of $h!+. If it wasn't for the terrible market and interest rates I probably would have gotten rid of the truck already.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates? I get annoyed at Ford every single time I start my truck since they refuse to fix this broken piece of $h!+. If it wasn't for the terrible market and interest rates I probably would have gotten rid of the truck already.
there is another thread on this topic where you can find the tsb

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Got a link by chance?