Lot of hate from the Tundra forums!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Just got back in the Raptor after being in the Tundra for about 5 days.

I have to say, I have even more appreciation than I ever did for this truck. It’s fast, nimble, has so many features, so smooth on the road. Looks like pure evil especially at night, stock stereo is 10x better than the Tundras. It’s just an awesome truck. Love it

pchmotoho

Reaction score
I don't know much about Tundras but the Tacomas are awesome. They only run about 400K miles before they need anything. They are the perfect vehicle for young kids going to school who can't afford unreliable transportation and need to haul around mountain bikes and surfboards. That being said, now that I don't want to drive a 10 year old truck or need a vehicle which can get run over by a M1 Abrams and still keep going Ill take a Raptor any day over any Toyota.

Im kinda guessing here but isn't a fully loaded Tundra 50K? For 20K more it's a no brainer and thats not even considering resale value.

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I will add my two cents worth. Bought a 2013 tundra sr5 texas edition new drove it for 4 years and put 15000 miles on it. I had a company truck so that explains the low mileage. All said it was a solid dependable truck never had one issue with it. Got $20000 trade on my 2017 raptor and was happy with that. Like everyone else says no comparison the raptor is in a class by itself. Only thing I miss is that deep v8 roar but the turbos do sound cool when I put my foot to the metal.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got stuck on the trail this weekend by a broken Tacoma... Broken lower ball joint I think... Couldn't get around and had to wait 3 hours before his widw got back with the new parts.
So much for Toyota invincibility...

IMG_20180825_145700658.jpg

Danner

Reaction score
I had a 2003 Tacoma a a 2007. Good trucks but the design has not changed from 2005 overall the same truck. New smaller v6? Drum brakes! Paid like 22k for the first truck. 29k for the second one. Now they are 40k

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
It is because Toyota in all its wisdom (I have 2 a new 4Runner for my wife and a fj cruiser) hade the wire coating out of soybean so every rodent that see it wants to eat it. They are solid because they are 10 year old tech and the seats are like riding on futons.
That is hilarious. I had a rat get into my 4Runner and eat through the computer’ main wiring bundle. That rat had a $3,000 price on his head!
i

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
They’re good trucks. But if you have one and are ******** on the Raptor.... I don’t like you lol. You’re most likely delusional or just a jealous *******

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s funny to read the comments on the Tundra forums as you can clearly see they are voicing their opinions based on information they read online or heard through a friend of a friend.

The owner of the Raptor that is taking his truck to Pep Boys is a *******. How does he know that PB is actually adding the correct amount of oil to the truck? Maybe he’s driving like a tool everywhere and WOT’s from light to light? If the truck is consuming that much oil then he needs to take it in to have it diagnosed. It has a warranty, take advantage of it.

Although the Tundra is a very nice truck, it simply does not compare to the Raptor. We can’t sit here and say that a truck that has been in production for ~11 yrs is anymore reliable than the 2nd gen Raptor that has only been in production for 2 yrs. Let’s reevealuate the realibility comments in ~10 yrs.

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had several Toyotas, most recently a 2009 Tacoma, and all were rock solid reliable. But I didn’t even consider a Tundra, and still wouldn’t. So outdated, and the interior is horrible IMO. And it’s not like it doesn’t have its share of issues too.