Lot of hate from the Tundra forums!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealousy at its finest. After coming from two fully decked out 4Runners I can assure you the Ford feels significantly more solid. That being said I never had any problems with my Toyotas besides the odor of sulfur from the catalytic converter. The Tundras biggest problem is their horrible gas mileage.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through that link.
I found them quiet funny.
Having owned cheap cars to $100K + vehicles I have come to the conclusion that all manufactures are close to the same.
Some just try and help the buyer feel more Smug in their purchase decision. They pamper them more when in for service or make them feel better taken care of when some little plastic knob breaks. But, they can be just as much a pain in the arse.
All in all automobiles are an emotional buy. Bought (usually) on illogical reasoning, and loyalty to a brand is fleeting when something goes wrong. And in this society today that something can be pretty petty.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's laughable they think the interior in the Tundra is better. With the Titan's redesign, the Tundra is easily last place in the interior department, and not by a small amount either.

What's telling is the subject matter in the forums. You hardly ever see comparisons to other trucks around here. We know nothing currently on the market competes with a Raptor. Heck, the only time you see arguments over what truck is better is in the Gen1 vs Gen2 threads.

drewabbs

Reaction score
The need to justify their purchase somehow. Had a Tundra, had a Canyon, Had a Titan, Had a RAM. meh, let them think theirs is the best, its one less Raptor on the road.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
It’s pretty comical. The bias is strong! I’ve had multiple trucks. Just got a new Tundra. It pains me just a little bit to hop out of the Raptor and jump into the Tundra. Feels like going from a Merc to a Civic.

But the price difference is strong as well. Say 45 for the Tun and 70 for the Rap. Big difference there. But at least acknowledge that. Rather than trying to pick apart the superior truck and try to say the Tundra even compares.