Lost #5 CYL - Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is a ford rep on the boards (sorry I forgot her name, maybe Christina?), anyways, let her know what's going on, your VIN number, and dealer.

I did that early one when I had an issue, and the dealers get a lot more friendly when they know the mother ship is watching...

D

Deleted member 12951

there is a ford rep on the boards (sorry I forgot her name, maybe Christina?), anyways, let her know what's going on, your VIN number, and dealer.

I did that early one when I had an issue, and the dealers get a lot more friendly when they know the mother ship is watching...

Crystal has left the forum about 4 months ago

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're a Twitter user, then messaging @FordService achieves the same result. They were very responsive. You can also look up their phone contact info on owner.ford.com.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah, it sure was nice to have Crystal / FordService as an active member here on the message board but at least there's still a way to reach out to them for assistance.

As a sidenote, I suspect someone from FordService will return to active duty here on the msg board (what say you admin?) soon after Gen2 owners start taking delivery of their trucks...

I agree w/ @Crash33 as well; sure sounds like the dealership is looking for an excuse to deny the repair job. You could politely bring up the Moss Magnuson Act but at this point they've probably already made up their mind. :(

G'luck @BlackRapto , keep us updated on what happens...

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had water sucked up in my old ranger. Spun a bearing...check the oil it looked like peanut butter colour. I sucked up alot of water, ran that truck with spun bearings for like 30k miles after that lol. Then one day boom done. I'd say head gasket, *** there abunch of white smoke right after I'd be the coolant getting in the cylinder.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Ford actually honored the warranty work on this. Done a compression test? Pulled the plugs on that cylinder? Checked the oil? Coolant? See if you have any cross contamination of either. Good luck and let us know what develops.