Looks like no BlueCruise for Raptor - 801a's READ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am not saying it's fake at all. It wouldn't be a surprise if it is a scam and I for sure wouldn't be surprised after all the crap going on that its true. I hope somebody didn't just make it all up. Where did the info come from? Can you give sources please, because that pic is cropt off? I would like to do a little digging into this.
I expect to take delivery any day now and my salesperson confirmed it’s true. Self driving tech is a must have on my new vehicle and especially at this price point!

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad I’m getting a refund. Wasn’t going to sign up anyway.
Is the tech really all that? I mean, you have to keep your eyes on the road, and you have to touch the steering wheel occasionally. So you get to take your hands off the wheel for certain period of time on approved roads, and drive the speed limit. Am I missing something?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a different era these days I guess, or I'm getting out of touch with the need for so much tech. Guys complaining that they have a 3 hour drive on a highway, I have always driven 12-16 hours straight when I go on road trips, the most boring is driving from Sacramento to LA, that is a long boring drive, but high speed though as well. I guess it would be nice to have a nap while driving or read a good book, but is the trust really out there in a normal persons brain that you can actually do this?

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather have the $800 rather than the Blue Cruise. Now, self driving would be another story.

If my hands aren't on the wheel, but I still have to be paying attention, I think I would struggle with that. I'm sure that the nanny would drive me nuts until I just took over full control of the drive.

Also, the areas with Blue Cruise available looks to be interstates and other major highways. It doesn't cover most of the areas I frequently drive.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this article about it which seems to show the same information from OP:

Thanks for the link. This sucks because I wanted to try it out on the next road trip I am going on. I wouldn't use it much because I don't do enough freeway driving and when I do its too heavy of traffic for me to be comfortable. I didn't get it for that option but liked that it was there as a bonus. The adaptive cruise with lane assist is perfectly fine. I couldn't just sit there with my hands not on the wheel. Its not like you could read a book or something. you'd have to keep looking forward anyway and not sleep and not be playing with a phone, etc

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a different era these days I guess, or I'm getting out of touch with the need for so much tech. Guys complaining that they have a 3 hour drive on a highway, I have always driven 12-16 hours straight when I go on road trips, the most boring is driving from Sacramento to LA, that is a long boring drive, but high speed though as well. I guess it would be nice to have a nap while driving or read a good book, but is the trust really out there in a normal persons brain that you can actually do this?
Those are my thoughts too. I’ve done 12 hr trips pretty much straight to Mrytle Beach not even using cruise control much. I do like the ACC on our X5 but haven’t used that much either in the 2+ yrs we’ve had it. With traffic and the number of distracted and just careless drivers out there now days you really have to be alert at all times. Maybe if I had chance to use it I would change my tune.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad I’m getting a refund. Wasn’t going to sign up anyway.
Is the tech really all that? I mean, you have to keep your eyes on the road, and you have to touch the steering wheel occasionally. So you get to take your hands off the wheel for certain period of time on approved roads, and drive the speed limit. Am I missing something?
Yes- you are describing adaptive cruise control. blue cruise there would be no need to touch the steering wheel.