looking to be a new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pancepance

Reaction score
Hello all,
Found the site and its plethora of information.
Been reading steadily for a week or so.
I've decided to get a '14 Raptor. I'm not too familiar with Ford Dealers in my area as I've been buying Toyotas from the same dealer for the last 10 years.
I know the truck I want as I "built my own" online.
I just don't know where to start looking as far as reputable dealers.
I want the S crew black with most available options but I also want the Roush charger. I don't necessarily need the actual Roush raptor but I do want a dealer installed Roush charger as I want to keep my warranty in tact.
I am in lower CT but have no problem going a little distance to a recommended dealer. I'd be ok going as far as DC, Boston, New England, Albany, maybe central NY. None of those would be a problem. I assume I'd have to order the truck as I cant find one online that matches how I want mine. The dealer in town that I spoke to first looked at me as if I had 2 heads when I described what I was looking for so I know I'm not buying there.
Figured I'd see if anyone could suggest some places for me to start looking?
I spoke to Saybrook Ford. They said they have done 50+ charger installs and are familiar with the process. I wasn't sure if they were BS'ing me but I suppose its possible. I will check them out in person over the weekend.
So, if anyone has a dealer they are fond of please feel free to send my way as I have plenty of time so I don't mind going around to speak to them to find what I am looking for.
Also, if anyone is familiar with the Roush charger purchased and installed/ set up from a dealer and has any advice or suggestions of things I should be looking for or asking about feel free to share. I figure since its built for the specific application there shouldn't be much of anything I need to worry about. I know its not a ford product but from what I've researched its pretty close to a factory option with regards to set up, tuning, parts, etc. Of course I'd rather learn before than after about anything I should expect.
Thanks in advance. I look forward to getting one of these trucks. Borderline excited already and I haven't even ordered one yet.
Regards

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

For info regarding dealers check out the "dealers selling for invoice thread".

Ps: would sincerely doubt the dealer has installed 50+ chargers.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning...........

there are a few dealers out that way. i believe van bortel is the one that comes to mind. maybe some new yorkers can verify

OP
OP
P

pancepance

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I do appreciate it. I have heard the place in Rochester more than one time and in multiple places so I am definitely going to start there. I had my doubts about 50+ chargers being sinstalled at one dealer. Considering how few and far between the trucks themselves are, I doubt they have done even close to that amount if any. I really hate when ppl bs me. I'm not a moron. I try to explain to them that I already know exactly what I want and how I want to do the deal yet he insisted on a bunch of useless information as well as how I was paying for the vehicle what my trade was (even though I specified there was no trade) it felt as if he was just reading from a sales script which annoyed me.
I'm gonna send an email to Steve and follow up with a call over the weekend. Have looked online to see what may be in inventory but doesn't seem to be promising to get what I want off the floor unfortunately.
I still have to do some research on the charger and what is involved as well as any potential warranty issues but thus far I'm still 100%
I do appreciate the replies, it makes life easier to have somewhere to start from instead of just going around like a chicken w/o head.