Looking at my first Raptor, 5.4 or 6.2??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great detailed answers, exactly what I was looking for. I'll drive both and decide but probably will go with the 5.4 as it will be my daily driver and probably don't need the extra power of the 6.2. The 5.4 I drove was a beast and it may have a custom exhaust as it sounded awesome, was load as hell. The extent of my offroading will be crawling up steep forestry access roads in Pagosa Springs, CO where I vacation 4x a year.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

By the way, this is the one I'm looking at Certified Pre-Owned 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor For Sale - SAFA45576 | Richardson TX | Serving Dallas

You will be happy with the 5.4. Its nice to be able to drive like a stabbed rat everywhere and still get over 14mpg. With the right exhaust set up they sound great, and I just picked up 10hp and 10lb.-ft. with my volant. Dynoed it today

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great detailed answers, exactly what I was looking for. I'll drive both and decide but probably will go with the 5.4 as it will be my daily driver and probably don't need the extra power of the 6.2. The 5.4 I drove was a beast and it may have a custom exhaust as it sounded awesome, was load as hell. The extent of my offroading will be crawling up steep forestry access roads in Pagosa Springs, CO where I vacation 4x a year.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

By the way, this is the one I'm looking at Certified Pre-Owned 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor For Sale - SAFA45576 | Richardson TX | Serving Dallas

window sticker here, looks like a petty good deal.........
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTEX1EV9AFA45576

randy

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm perplexed... Do I know you from another forum? The "basil" username is killing me... Did you ever drive a Focus, Fusion or Ranger?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
my friends dad works for NJ transit in the maintenance division and says that their work trucks with the 6.2 hold up better with high mileage than the trucks that have a 5.4

oh no...not a "my friend's dad says" story :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

39K? Wow...that makes me happy that my truck is seemingly still worth that much! That's just under what I paid for it brand new.

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
If you add 6 and 2 together you get 8, which is the number of good fortune and wealth in Chinese numerology. 5 plus 4 equals 9, which translates into limp noodle or something.
Hope this was helpful!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
If you add 6 and 2 together you get 8, which is the number of good fortune and wealth in Chinese numerology. 5 plus 4 equals 9, which translates into limp noodle or something.
Hope this was helpful!

yeah but this is America, 9>8 and Ramen noodles are the bomb.

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh no...not a "my friend's dad says" story :rolleyes:[

lol, seriously. hes a shop foreman in the nj transit maintenance dept. They have tons of pickup and utility trucks from various makes and they perform a lot of maintenance on them in house. According to him the 6.2 holds up better with high mileage than the 5.4. The only complaint the shop has with them is that they take twice as many spark plugs as most motors

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
lol, seriously. hes a shop foreman in the nj transit maintenance dept. They have tons of pickup and utility trucks from various makes and they perform a lot of maintenance on them in house. According to him the 6.2 holds up better with high mileage than the 5.4. The only complaint the shop has with them is that they take twice as many spark plugs as most motors

the 6.2 has only been in anything but the Raptor for a year so I would have to imagine they have far more 5.4L motors with high mileage than they do 6.2L with high mileage. it only seems logical that he would have less trouble with less 6.2 engines. don't spread rumors.