Looking at a used 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no clue, I just know that there is no tax for private party vehicle, motorcycle, etc... Stuff you take to register at the DMV

Ya I found this.. but there is a use tax that might apply...
Sales Taxes in Nevada
Sales taxes are not collected on private party vehicle sales that occurred on or after January 1, 2006. On private sales in 2005 or earlier, sales taxes were paid to DMV based either on the depreciated Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) or a vehicle appraisal.

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I found this.. but there is a use tax that might apply...
Sales Taxes in Nevada
Sales taxes are not collected on private party vehicle sales that occurred on or after January 1, 2006. On private sales in 2005 or earlier, sales taxes were paid to DMV based either on the depreciated Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) or a vehicle appraisal.

Right on, thanks!!

Now, back on top as far as this being a good deal? Anyone have any imput on that aspect?

thanks guys, this site is awesome!

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

You'll have to pay the tax, keep in mind the bumper to bumper isn't for normal wear out items like them very expensive shocks. Good luck tho.

I found this information on premium maint plans, this truck comes with it. So, Basically if the shocks start leaking or something that is not my fault I should be good to go.

Premium maintenance plan covers the following items if they fail due to normal wear: spark plugs (except in CA), shock absorbers, clutch disc, engine belts and hoses, brake pads and linings, wiper blades.

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it for a drive yet?

no, its out of state. I talked to the guy on the phone. He is a Dr. who never took it off road and is selling it to get a screw. I will basically fly out a check it out and if its good to go, drive it home, he is going to pick me up at the airport... its a mid week flight, so if I dont like it, or something is up, it cost less then $100 to fly home.

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is probably a stock Raptor or did the owner mention some modifications? Pics?

its stock... when I talked to him, he just said its loaded with everything but the stickers and the orange or blue interior.. but has all other accesories/options

he has a few pics. its a basic stock, shiny truck.. haha

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the VIN ?

waiting on the vin, he has to get done working today before he can have a chance to send it to me.

once I get it, I will run a car fax

look up the window sticker

anything else im missing?

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe take some time looking at the Raptor's undercarriage; see if it looks like a "street" truck.

Try out the 4x4hi, make sure it engages/disengages correctly.

If the owners's ok, run it up to the speed-limiter.

Try the T/H mode.

Look at the " B " trip recorder, most people don't reset that. See what the overall history looks like.

Get both sets of keys.

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe take some time looking at the Raptor's undercarriage; see if it looks like a "street" truck.

Try out the 4x4hi, make sure it engages/disengages correctly.

If the owners's ok, run it up to the speed-limiter.

Try the T/H mode.

Look at the " B " trip recorder, most people don't reset that. See what the overall history looks like.

Get both sets of keys.

what is T/H mode and how will I know if something is up with it??

B trip recorder, what exactly would I be looking for here