Looking at a used 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking at a 2011 scab with every option except the decals and orange interior.. Has 17k miles. Owner bought the 100k bumper to bumper warranty and Maint plan from ford. The truck is also undercoated and Teflon treated at time of purchase.

He wants 42k, I will not have to pay sales tax because it is private party.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think you will have to pay some sales tax if u intend to get it titled in your name and get tags for it. Need more info on truck to determine if it is worth it. Also you may want to check with Ford and make sure that warranty is transferable to you

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll have to pay the tax, keep in mind the bumper to bumper isn't for normal wear out items like them very expensive shocks. Good luck tho.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you purchased a truck like, told the SOS you paid like 10k for it, got full insurance and it was stolen and the insurance check out what you paid for it and said sorry we will only pay off what you paid for it...

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think you will have to pay some sales tax if u intend to get it titled in your name and get tags for it. Need more info on truck to determine if it is worth it. Also you may want to check with Ford and make sure that warranty is transferable to you

No sales tax for private party sales in NV..

I would have to pay for new tags an title transfer fee, but no sales tax due when I go to the dmv

I am getting the vin to check and make sure the warranty is transferable.

It is a Premium care warranty and a scheduled premium Maint plan.

What other info do you need?

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I wanna move to Nevada, great law!

Haha, ya... Regardless of what state the vehicle is purchased, no sales tax paid when private party...

At dealerships it's 8.10% that is why I am leaning toward this vehicle.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, ya... Regardless of what state the vehicle is purchased, no sales tax paid when private party...

At dealerships it's 8.10% that is why I am leaning toward this vehicle.

Erm, depends. If the private party owner (before you) has the vehicle under his/her company then, yes, there is a sales tax (not sure if that applies to all states though).

If you have a vehicle that you want to trade, then you can get a brand new one with a sales tax cut.

OP
OP
FireLT

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt Nevada have a use tax??? a tax on things that a sales tax hasent been paid?

I have no clue, I just know that there is no tax for private party vehicle, motorcycle, etc... Stuff you take to register at the DMV