Long Tube Headers and Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To my knowledge the tune bypasses the rear o2 sensors so that is probably why you don't get it with the tune loaded.

Yukon Joe recently posted something about a cycle to perform in order to reset something. It involved a pretty detailed driving pattern that needs to be done on a highway or road that you won't need to turn, stop, or slow down for a good distance.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have SW with aFe I did not put the tune on for 1000 miles. Mine never threw a code you all know I use e-30. I then had the tune diablo sport, added it's not really costume but I can use regular gas if I don't plan on pulling it hard for hr's. I one took off the cats and just disabled the censers so I don't have to mess with it.

scoutdrivinrebel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread, I know, but now I'm going through the exact same issues.

2012 Scab, SW LT headers with cats, airraid CAI, Borla exhaust. I had my truck in at Rock and Roll offroad and they checked the O2 sensors and the wiring.

Here's what I'm getting:

P0053 HO2S Heater resistance
P0135 O2 sensor heater circuit

I don't throw the engine light when on tune, but when return to stock the engine light hits with these codes.

In addition I can't get the system to recycle even with 300 miles on it. I'm getting incompletes on the following:

Fuel system
Catalyst
Evap system
Oxygen sensor
Oxygen sensor heater

I'm going to talk to Mike on Monday about getting a tune done that will help, but this really is a severe PITA. I've worked on this since the day the headers were done a month ago to no avail. Ford Tech guy said something about hi-flow O2 sensors?? never heard of such a thing.

any advice is welcome. really don't want to drop the headers off her, but my goodwill with the Colleyville PD only goes so far.

This is my biggest fear with going to Headers, High Flow Cats etc. I hate worrying about smog tests and failing inspections. I'm NTX also, let us know what you fine out please.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main problem right now is I have the truck in stock mode with no tune trying to reset the sensors but I keep getting a CEL which means I can't pass and they won't reset. I even tried disconnecting the battery. Been dealing with this for a while and my truck is expired.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night it threw a p0060 but it was throwing others before. When I clear the DTC on the tuner the CEL goes away. Does that reset the whole process of resetting the sensors?