Leaking Passenger Axle Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
niuZAqJ
Just hit 55k miles on my truck. Ford just did the VCT TSB less than 1k miles ago. They changed the oil in the repair. I started to notice a vibration at HWY speeds. First thought was tires. Took to local Tire place and they drove it and think vibration is due to front leaking passenger side axle seal and top of front diff is also leaking. They also reused the oil cap according to tire store. Kinda feel like ford should have caught this during warranty repair? See attached photos. I have the standard warranty do seals get covered under powertrain Warranty? Thanks.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
What is the VCT TSB?

Also, is the oil cap your referring to the yellow plastic drain plug for engine oil? Is that not to be re-used? I have done all my own oil changes and re-use the yellow plug, no issues.

I am not sure how a seal leak could cause a vibration, unless enough lube has leaked out to burn up a bearing.