Front axle seal leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my vehicle in for an oil change at Big O tire, they found my front axle seal was leaking and rear shocks were leaking as well.
Is it common for our truck front axle seal to leak? and what would cause this issue?

Luckily when i bought my truck used i purchased aftermarket repair warranty which will cover all of the repair minus $100 deductible.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes. A $100 deductible? Why wouldn't you go with a Ford ESP? Also why not a Ford Dealer That are specialized in our trucks.

Sorry. Back to your point of your thread. I have never encountered any problems with my front axle or rear shocks. Good luck!

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my vehicle in for an oil change at Big O tire, they found my front axle seal was leaking and rear shocks were leaking as well.
Is it common for our truck front axle seal to leak? and what would cause this issue?

Luckily when i bought my truck used i purchased aftermarket repair warranty which will cover all of the repair minus $100 deductible.
My passenger side front axle is leaking as well. Found it when I was getting an inspection done for an ESP. It's a very cheap part, but they want 500-600$ to replace it with labor.

The rear shock needs replaced. Depending on your mileage it may be right about time or over due.

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes. A $100 deductible? Why wouldn't you go with a Ford ESP? Also why not a Ford Dealer That are specialized in our trucks.

Sorry. Back to your point of your thread. I have never encountered any problems with my front axle or rear shocks. Good luck!

when I bought my truck last year at Mazda dealership aftermarket warranty/repair service was already added. Think i got my money out of it repaired moonroof 6 month ago and now front axle seal and rear shocks being replaced.

I wasn't able to get an appointment at Ford dealer until mid August and either take it to Ford or any other shop still have to pay $100 deductible. I know front axle seal can be inexpensive part but replacing rear shocks with brand new ones i think is worth the $100 deductible.

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I bought my truck last year at Mazda dealership aftermarket warranty/repair service was already added. Think i got my money out of it repaired moonroof 6 month ago and now front axle seal and rear shocks being replaced.

I wasn't able to get an appointment at Ford dealer until mid August and either take it to Ford or any other shop still have to pay $100 deductible. I know front axle seal can be inexpensive part but replacing rear shocks with brand new ones i think is worth the $100 deductible.
Did they already agree to replacing the rear shocks under the warranty? It's not usually something that any warranty covers because it's a 'normal wear and tear' part.
The 100$ deductible is totally normal.. Ford ESP come with 50-250$ deductible. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well if it was already applied with that warranty than I totally agree with you. Just didn't know.

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea so this coverage i have applies to normal repairs as well so yes putting in brand new shocks on the rear as well.