Lat's '19 Screw Stereo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a '19 802A Screw and overall I've been content for the around 1 year of ownership with the B&O system. Thing is though I have a crap ton of stereo crap laying around the place from 2 full 3 way active setups from previous vehicles so it's time to tear up the Raptor. The only thing I've had to purchase "new" for this is the NavTV, H/U, pillars, box, amp rack and some odds and ends. So at the end of the day my biggest expense was these parts since I've owned the speakers and amps for a long time. Some of them since 2012. Still good!

Now before anyone eats me up I'm not an expert. I enjoy messing around with this stuff and I by no means recommend what I'm doing since listening experiences are determined at and individual level. Heck I'm not even sure if this is going to turn out good but... I had the stuff so whatever lol. Also this is a work in progress and I have to take it kinda slow. I don't have a garage that my truck can fit in and it is a daily driver so I'm tackling this in small manageable steps. If anyone wants to see anything specific just let me know.

For starters here is the parts break down (for now)

H/U: Phoenix PX6 with Sergey firmware
NavTV A2B
Zapco DSP Z8 IV
Zapco DSP Z8 III (Yes a 2nd one)
Hertz ML 700.3 (Center CH)
HAT L1 Pro R2 tweeters (Hybrid Audio Technologies)
HAT Legatia L4 Mids
Hertz ML 1800.3 Mid Bass (Front doors)
HAT Legatia L6V2 (Rears, doing mono rear fill)
JL Audio 10TW3-D4 (2 of them)
Zapco Z 150.6
Zapco ST-4XP
Zapco ST-1000XM II
MTI full length amp rack
MTI custom A-Pillars
MTI sealed under the seat enclosure

So far I've gotten the Phoenix unit sorted out and working with no issues. I picked up a cheep oscilloscope so I can figure out where the thing clips at. This is looking to be a PITA since the sound levels change between using sync and android side of the house. For now here's what I got. I'll be updating as I go.

For the center channel I know it's not popular to deal with, but like I said I have the stuff so why not? Couldn't let the 1 speaker be lonely in there either so I gave it a friend to play with. I used my 3d printer to design and print the parts and had some random 3M CF vinyl laying around. I think it turned out ok.

20200511_143524.jpg

20200518_124335.jpg

20200518_152637.jpg

20200518_160146.jpg

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Phoenix unit looks so good.
I am going to have to look into it.
Don't want anything buggy.
Do you use the OEM navigation on it ?
Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
lateralis

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, honestly its only a tiny bit so far. I'm working on designing a wire pass thru for the bed right now using the stock bed plugs against the bulkhead. Putting a dual battery in the bed since I already had a full dual batt setup from my last truck. Required? Nope. Overkill? Probably, but hey gotta stick with the theme of I already had the stuff anyway.

The Phoenix unit looks so good.
I am going to have to look into it.
Don't want anything buggy.
Do you use the OEM navigation on it ?
Thanks for posting.

So the PX6 is what I would consider a sand box. You can do a ton of stuff with it but there is a TON of trial and error. Honestly if I didn't get custom firmware for this I wouldn't have bothered. This thing has a lot of little nuances on how to get it running right and I'm still trying to figure it all out. For now it works and the only thing that kinda bothers me is that I'm missing the volume control knob. I'm looking into a work around like a USB volume knob or maybe software control. If you use the PX6 alone (No NavTV/ DSP) I would not bother with this though.

As for maps yes all the normal OEM (Sync3) stuff works just like stock. The camera's don't look the best but it isn't terrible IMO. Right now I'm using Waze but I have google maps and gaia. When in nav mode I can go full screen which is awesome. Being able to swipe around a huge map is really great! Also everything works without internet connection for just the map and gps. If you try to search something it wont work. So the sync nav makes a nice back up. I'm not sure how good Gaia tracks off road yet, but its way better than dangling an Ipad off the dash IMO.

So in order it will be

1) Sync Nav
2) Waze normal screen
3) Waze full screen
4) Gaia full screen

20200519_161820.jpg

20200519_161930.jpg

20200519_162051.jpg

20200519_162424.jpg