King 3.0's or Fox 3.0's for a more compliant ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have Deaver s on order (been waiting 8 weeks now... due to powder coating) and the collar is sitting in my pile of parts. Those will go on before ordering new shocks.

However, if I need to go as far as new shocks, it’d be good to know the options.

It does feel like the factory shocks have some float/shutter to the valving which I never noticed with my previous Icon setup.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
But hey, it's your money. Go buy a set of each and do a complete, technical evaluation and post your results.

Remember the shit show that ensued last time FRF tried to do just that :rofl:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tube Chassis Prerunner Ride Quality

In an unfortunate overloading incident, I have severely damaged my spine. Starbucks has agreed to a generous settlement and now I am left with the task of finding a vehicle with enough ride quality to keep me comfortable. My doctor suggested a new Fusion with active suspension or maybe even a Mercedes with magic body control (no way they will work for me). After riding in a couple 1450 trucks, I'm not sure even they would cut it. With that, here is what I have in mind...
Tube chassis luxury prerunner (Geiser, Stewart's Raceworks, Raceco, Jimco, what brand do most doctors recommend?)
How much travel bumped and strapped will I need?
What kind of shocks?
24x16" HRE wheels to maximize suspension performance
Will a custom carbon fiber body to reduce weight help? We have some killer speed bumps at the local shopping center.
Anything I'm missing?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
they would cut it. With that, here is what I have in mind...
Tube chassis luxury prerunner (Geiser, Stewart's Raceworks, Raceco, Jimco, what brand do most doctors recommend?)
How much travel bumped and strapped will I need? I would reccomend a minimum of 30"
What kind of shocks? Icon't think of any shock FoxKing your back AiDS up. All should be Solid unless you get too much Sway-a-way in the ride.
24x16" HRE wheels to maximize suspension performance Really ensure you stretch an inappropriate size tire onto those for maximum starbs cred
Will a custom carbon fiber body to reduce weight help? We have some killer speed bumps at the local shopping center. You should aim to have custom carbon fiber wheels built to reduce unsprung weight, also titanium bolts and using carbon accessories to the max extent possible will help improve your ride quality
Anything I'm missing? I think you're covered!

dont-worry-ive-got-you-covered.jpg

OP
OP
tightt

tightt

Reaction score
Fox 3.0's are in and the truck drives ridiculously well. WAY more planted at speed and takes dips, bumps, and potholes like a champ. I'm extremely happy with my choice, despite what a sad few big-mouths around here thought. =)

Last edited:

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with Kings either. Next step is to tune when I am down in Barstow. Has anyone dialed in their Kings on a Gen 2? Any recommendations for a shock tuner in So Cal?

Attachments

• IMG_6271.jpg
    IMG_6271.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6252.jpg
    IMG_6252.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9183.jpg
    IMG_9183.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Nick610s

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with Kings either. Next step is to tune when I am down in Barstow. Has anyone dialed in their Kings on a Gen 2? Any recommendations for a shock tuner in So Cal?

You don't have to go to socal to shock tune, there's a dude out of gardnerville nv that tunes ultra4 rigs on the regular. so getting a raptor to work better than it already does shouldn't be an issue. Liberty Mountain Fabrication

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hard to tell in the pic but are your front reservoirs behind the skid plate? Looks like they'd get smashed if you had a hard nose landing from a jump.

Everything looks great though.