KIDOR Lemon Law Denied and Suspension Warranty Cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have lane keep on my 802a and I was under the impression it was only available in tech pack on 802a

I've got a 2020 801a and it has it.
Lane keep was part of the Tech pack in the earlier ones but got stuffed into another package in 2019 or 20 I think. I liked it most of the time as I was getting used to the girthy thing but wouldn’t care anymore. A few times it nudged the wheel in a corner that felt a little unnerving but it’s pretty harmless and not terribly helpful.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude had modified suspension, over-sized tires, and beat the shit out of his truck. Cry me a ******* river. Zero chance that any of you guys feeling "sorry" for him would so graciously give the dude his money back if you were at the decision desk at Ford.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Nah, go for it. If it gives you trouble, trade it in or sell it. Then it's not your problem any more. :)

Usually that's what I'd pursue, however, this was going to be my retirement vehicle as I've only three more years until retirement so there's that but the vehicle is paid for so if I had to I could get a Gen 3 but I really like the design of the Gen2.

In three years just driving to work I'll only have 31,*** miles on it since round trip is 6.6 miles so maybe around 35,*** miles total upon retirement.

Decisions, decisions!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Usually that's what I'd pursue, however, this was going to be my retirement vehicle as I've only three more years until retirement so there's that but the vehicle is paid for so if I had to I could get a Gen 3 but I really like the design of the Gen2.

In three years just driving to work I'll only have 31,*** miles on it since round trip is 6.6 miles so maybe around 35,*** miles total upon retirement.

Decisions, decisions!

Yeah, this is my fourth retirement vehicle. I only put on about 12k-20k per year, but that's with zero commuting. All fun miles. I figure to buy another retirement vehicle in about four more years. Life does not end at retirement, it speeds up. You don't get weekends off anymore.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...having second thoughts about watching this guy’s Deaver install video now. Is it worth it?

The video helped me with understanding the install. He was going from +3 Deavers to +4 Deavers so the install is different from what you would see on your own vehicle changing from stock. Also, he didn't run the spare under the truck and he removed the exhaust I think...He also did them one at a time. I did both at the same time which makes it easier since there is no pressure on the springs. The exhaust and spare tire make it a little more difficult.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no software design flaw. The calibration is designed around the factory components, ride height, spring rate, suspension geometry, etc. Engineering cannot possibly design a calibration that will accommodate every possible aftermarket modification that someone could make.
Just my 2 cents ... from what he stated his truck was doing this already with stock 35" tires and just Eibachs Springs which practically lift the front 1.75". If the calibration is designed around factory components as you say like ride height, spring rate etc. wouldn't lets say putting Fox 3.0 Race Series shocks that come standard on Shelby Raptors and also lift front of the truck throw this calibration off also?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents ... from what he stated his truck was doing this already with stock 35" tires and just Eibachs Springs which practically lift the front 1.75". If the calibration is designed around factory components as you say like ride height, spring rate etc. wouldn't lets say putting Fox 3.0 Race Series shocks that come standard on Shelby Raptors and also lift front of the truck throw this calibration off also?

Alignment. One would assume that Shelby, or whatever installed did a proper alignment after the install. Has this guy address getting it aligned in his videos? Serious question, I have not watched all of it.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

He said it did it after the fact, when he went back to stock (and he had a hard time replicating it, but probably already did damage internally) 37s with 0 offset put way more load on the rack then ad increased angle and you have a problem. (At least when you hammer it)
Look at the positive offset on Menzies tt.. it gives more leverage to the steering and less load on the rack
c341873ee12351d1dae325f4a04c594e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro