Key stuck in ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Alecklip

Alecklip

Reaction score
So what @FordTechOne mentioned was correct, there was a failed park detect switch. They went ahead and replaced the shifter, claiming it would prevent the same problem with any other gear. Luckily I have a family connection with the dealership and was only charged $330. I wish I had seen your message earlier and done it myself because I about shit my pants when I heard that my 1 owner, 13k mile truck needed a new shifter....

OP
OP
Alecklip

Alecklip

Reaction score
@Alecklip , what ended up happening?
Failed park detect swtich, ended up getting a new shifter. Probably could have avoided it but I had to leave the next day for the beach. Since you guys were so helpful heres my next issue. Reverse camera wont come on. Out of nowhere I just hopped in, started it up and nothing was displaying on my screen. The rear park aid pops up on my dash but will not let me select yes or no (pictured below). Then after a few second a camera is unavailable please contact your dealership message pops up on my display screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this without taking it back to the blood thirsty dealerships lol.raptor g.jpgraptor gg.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Failed park detect swtich, ended up getting a new shifter. Probably could have avoided it but I had to leave the next day for the beach. Since you guys were so helpful heres my next issue. Reverse camera wont come on. Out of nowhere I just hopped in, started it up and nothing was displaying on my screen. The rear park aid pops up on my dash but will not let me select yes or no (pictured below). Then after a few second a camera is unavailable please contact your dealership message pops up on my display screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this without taking it back to the blood thirsty dealerships lol.View attachment 170507View attachment 170508
Don’t quote me, but I thought I read somewhere before that it might be a programming issue? Maybe use the search function on the upper right and see if you can find something. Could try reaching out to @FordTechOne as well.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Any ideas on how to fix this without taking it back to the blood thirsty dealerships lol.View attachment 170507View attachment 170508
That message displays when the APIM doesn’t receive a valid signal from the camera. Most likely a failed camera, but could also be a circuit issue. I would recommend using ForScan to pull DTCs.

sombra

Reaction score
My 2014 Raptor has less than 18,000 miles. I went to lunch yesterday and when I parked my truck in my garage the key wouldn't come out of the ignition. No "P" light coming on when in park. I googled the problem and came up with this thread. Fuse 28 allowed me to release the key but my truck battery drained out overnight. I just ordered a park position switch off Ebay. Hopefully this $20 fix will do it.

Thanks for this thread.