GEN 2 Just wondering price wise how I did.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't deal with salespeople, went directly to Sales Director.

He did end up once we agreed on price, get me to a great sales guy that delivered on all promises. These guys do high volume and aren't into the hand holding stuff. The sales guy who did paperwork sold 70 cars last month. No time for love...just give me best price, let me write a check and move on.

I've also bought at Sames in Bastrop and they are more of that country kinda dealer--slow. They won't give you $8K though.

But yes, YMMV at any dealer based upon who you are talking with.

Last edited:

CedarRonin

Reaction score
Just paid 5K over invoice for a 2020 Lead foot. MSRP was $74,185. Looked at and talked to quite a few west coast dealers and that was the best I could come up with. I could have traveled 900 mi each way and paid 3500 over but decided against it.

You did just fine for the West Coast. I buy Ford Fleet and purchase several vehicles each year for my business. In Ca, the going for most of the dealers is to pay a premium for Raptors to have in inventory. I met with many dealerships in the Bay Area and most were $8K above MSRP. I just bought a lead foot 2020 with 802A and some other options MSRP at $74,185. I got it at that from the dealership I buy multiple trucks from. That is about $7k over what normal invoice is, but the best deal I could get.

camo4stealth

Reaction score
My 2020 was $54,120 with the 6% tax included. Super cab with only $500 Torsen differential option. I kept the options off so I could pay cash.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not the most loaded truck, but you got what you wanted and what’s important to you. Not everyone needs the bells and whistles.

Cash is king! Enjoy the truck.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I shopped around and haggled with a couple dealers within a couple hours drive of Chicagoland. Was able to work out a deal within an hour for a 2020 lead foot. I paid $66k for a 72095 MSRP.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I shopped around and haggled with a couple dealers within a couple hours drive of Chicagoland. Was able to work out a deal within an hour for a 2020 lead foot. I paid $66k for a 72095 MSRP.

Nice deal there!!!

D

Deleted member 17706

Did they give you $36k for your Gen 1? If so, you made out really well—minus all the money you lost on mods lol.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Did they give you $36k for your Gen 1? If so, you made out really well—minus all the money you lost on mods lol.

Yes got $36k for mine! I think I did pretty good. Also a guy off here on FRF messaged me the day I traded it in. Talked to the manager at the dealer, the guy bought it and I get a free lineX for sending him there. It was gone in a day, the dealer made some money it went to a localish guy the loves it, the dealer gave him a better deal then I would have and a I saved on taxes. All worked out pretty well.

i ****** miss my old truck though! Really miss it. Not regret doing it but just miss it. The 2020 is very nice but the 13’ was a bad MFr. wish I had the room/$$$ to have both.

Stxhunter

Reaction score
I think it’s a solid deal. One of our local dealers has 2020s over $7k off, most wont budge on price though.

966de4f30e49af76d704440a6f021385.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk