Did I just get worked over on my extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an fyi -- if you are in Florida, you can't purchase from Flood Ford or the other two. Something about state laws only allow in-state purchases

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The danger of not having the warranty is that you may end up having to go to Ford because complex electronics, in which case you will pay however much they decide to overcharge you. Some of the Ford service quotes I've seen here have been jaw dropping.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must lead a sheltered life. Never heard of flood ford.

Finance guys/gals hate me. If I’m being totally honest once in over 50 vehicle purchases did I let the dude sell me a tire and wheel package on a Porsche. And I’m so stupid because I traded it in in 9 months and never applied for the partial refund I was entitled to.
In your case, OP, it’s very valuable to be able to call him with issues. For a cool one thousand dollars you can call me. I’ll probably never answer but neither will he.

I love when they try to sell the wheel protection on Raptors. And they even have a mock-up damaged wheel or pics of supposedly theirs damaged.

When I bought my wife her favorite vehicle, Lexus, yeah yeah, I know, and she’s had four of them, finance dude hands me an iPad with the packages, like the Olympics, from bronze to gold, and I politely refuse, he started crying, telling me he’s a veteran and it’s how he supports his family and please, please I have to take one.

Geico, with whom I have zero connection other than a policyholder, offers MBI protection. It’s now, depending on vehicle, about 40 bucks a year. Best extended warranty around.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be buying from Flood Ford soon. My bumper to bumper runs out in December 2022. When i bought my truck truck i printed out the Flood cost schedule and brought with . They couldn't come near Floods prices. It was a sad day in the F and I office. Just keep saying no to everything.

Jalal Ayan

Reaction score
Buying an extended warranty *at all* is getting worked over. Maybe even bent over. Wait until you're out of warranty or close to out of manufactures warranty and then shop around. Many places will offer you great discounts on long term warranties for close to cost and the difference in price between buying it as a new vehicle and one used is largely negligible.
thank you so much. I will definitely take your advice. GREAT post

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 10 year 100K warrant using the quote from Flood and managed to get it from my service dealer for a few hundred more.