Did I just get worked over on my extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

So I just picked up my 21 LFG and i am loving it! Has a few quirks (exhaust valves cause rattling noise cold start, wireless charger doesnt work, etc.) but i dont really care since none of them affect the actual drive-ability of the car plus I expected such from a covid car.

Anyway, since i was worried about the issues covid may have brought to the car, i got the ford protect. Initially i was planning to get the plan from flood ford, but, somehow, the finance boy managed to convince me to buy from them (primarily because they are well known dealer and super nice) Let me know if this sounds like i paid too much:

I got the 72 month (6 year) and 60,000 mile premium care warranty with a $100 deductible for $2,505.00 and that is with a $700 discount due to the removal of blue cruise supposedly. As far as i can tell there are no add ons at all.

Looking at flood ford now, for my raptor, I'm seeing a price of $745 for 6 years and 60,000 miles with a $100 deductible. That's a difference of $1,760. What the F**K!?

Of course my ******** didn't come prepared with flood ford prices (i had woke up at 4am to get the truck so i was a little out of it), i brought them up but didn't check/compare them, but he said that what i get with buying it from them is that i can call and talk to him any time if i have any issue. Is that really worth it?!? I also didn't realize how drastic the difference is. See the image below for a pic of my contract details... am i missing something or did i really just overpay $1.7k.

I plan to call them first thing Monday to get them to lower the price or cancel the warranty for a refund. I bought the truck Saturday so hopefully there's a grace period to get a refund.

IMG_0997.jpg

Last edited:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel for you that sucks. they are good at their job.

I think if you want you have a small window to cancel. how long ago was it.

keep in mind. there isn't much of a benefit to the warranty until the 36k bumper to bumper runs out. basically will give you 3 more years and 24k miles over and above. the factory bumper to bumper. and your drivetrain is cover until 60k miles anyway.

thats how I felt the first time on my 18'. this time he tried to sell me one cant remember what package it was but as soon as I said id get it direct from flood ford he dropped it down by $500. was a little more than flood ford but he changed his tune quickly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PandaBoi

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i read the paperwork and can get the refund within 30 days of purchase for the full purchase price given there are no claims, can't believe I made this mistake after being on this forum hearing about flood ford! super embarrassed :emotions122:

Ill see if finance boy will lower his price and maybe ill stay with them.

Anyone who bought esp from flood ford, were you satisfied with your purchase?

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying an extended warranty *at all* is getting worked over. Maybe even bent over. Wait until you're out of warranty or close to out of manufactures warranty and then shop around. Many places will offer you great discounts on long term warranties for close to cost and the difference in price between buying it as a new vehicle and one used is largely negligible.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i read the paperwork and can get the refund within 30 days of purchase for the full purchase price given there are no claims, can't believe I made this mistake after being on this forum hearing about flood ford! super embarrassed :emotions122:

Ill see if finance boy will lower his price and maybe ill stay with them.

Anyone who bought esp from flood ford, were you satisfied with your purchase?
get your refund. you can buy from flood ford. you can buy it anytime. just get it before your bumper to bumper runs out. the dealer will want his cut.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flood Ford was very very easy. A few clicks online and credit card information. I got the Premium Care, 7/75,000 mile, $50 Deductible for $1070 I think. That was after I applied the 42,000 in FordPass point you get when purchasing a Raptor. Your finance guy did his job. Can’t blame him for that. My finance guy told me to buy from Flood Ford. He said there’s no way they were gonna match that price. He said Flood sells them simply for the kickback they get from Ford (a few $$$ I guess). It’s the exact same warranty. It even will show up on your FordPass account once all the information is received.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get the Maintenance before my first oil change. the 5k interval for one reason only. the dang expensive shocks and break jobs. anything less than 125k. doesn't utilize enough of the covered items. but I guess that all depends on how long you plan to keep it. also. I hate extended warranties but this vehicles are so damned technical and parts that are so expensive to fix. now I am a believer. the older I get the fixed cost is better than the unknown.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and flood ford is fords insurance arm they are linked somehow. just like ford credit is their finance arm

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait on the warranty until you know you'll need it. just priced on floodford 35k miles under 36 mths old. so just as bumper to bumper. is running out. $200 ded 8 yr 125k miles. $2,315. so it still starts from purchase date. so you get essentially another 5 yr and another 90k mile warranty. I will be waiting till then on the extended warranty since the truck will be paid for and easy to just pay cash for it. the maintenance I will be getting before first oil change. maintenance isn't anything special. your basically just locking in prices for the Maintenance up front and pre paying it.

Last edited: