Just snagged a 22'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you're just jealous? I am...lol. But what a killjoy! Congrats to the OP!!! Wish I could find a dealer at MSRP, I know they're out there.
A dealership at msrp is of course out there.. a dealership charging $20K ADM does not give AF about some smuck with a checkbook paying cash. Makes zero sense, these Raptors are selling like hot cakes as soon as they hit the lots for whatever prices the dealerships want to sell them for. A dealership charging $20k would have not given the OP a 2nd thought as he walked out the door.

Again.. of course you can get msrp.. but this story is as fishy as it sounds. Particularly the last post about not being able to let it leave their lot. So this dealership was so thirsty for business that not only did they drop their asking price $20k but once the deal was finalized (in cash) they couldn't release it anyway? Lol ok.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealership at msrp is of course out there.. a dealership charging $20K ADM does not give AF about some smuck with a checkbook paying cash. Makes zero sense, these Raptors are selling like hot cakes as soon as they hit the lots for whatever prices the dealerships want to sell them for. A dealership charging $20k would have not given the OP a 2nd thought as he walked out the door.

Again.. of course you can get msrp.. but this story is as fishy as it sounds. Particularly the last post about not being able to let it leave their lot. So this dealership was so thirsty for business that not only did they drop their asking price $20k but once the deal was finalized (in cash) they couldn't release it anyway? Lol ok.
I agree that dealerships don't care if you pay cash or finance. In fact many prefer you finance with one of their preferred lenders so they can receive a kickback. Only the dealership really knows why they accepted msrp, maybe it was the recent message from Ford about price gouging and allocations?

Either way, you're entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. Stranger things have happened, and calling BS without any standing beyond your all-knowing wisdom is pretty arrogant in my opinion. Good day.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incredible story if true! I can guarantee this dealership isn’t within a 1000 miles of California lol, I feel like I’ve called them all at this point.

RedRamboNuts

Reaction score
Fellow NH man trying to score one for MSRP. Only have found one dealer so far that would sell @ MSRP, but that one was code orange. Care to share which dealer?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are those pics. to busy enjoying it? congrats. I know when I picked mine up the middle of January there wasn't a hold on it. was fixed before it got to the dealer. not sure why people are still getting them delivered to the dealer before the heat shields are not fixed . a little strange. my guy said it was fixed before it even showed up.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
Short story: Got a perfectly optioned 22' for MSRP.

Afternoon all! I've been lurking, reading and subsequently ordering a Raptor. Actually I have 2 on order from dealers out of my state (NH). However, my local dealer shot me a text saying they had one being dropped on their lot last night and I ought to swing by and check it out.

I'm skeptical as this dealer isn't the brightest set of highbeams, but figured I could at least sit in it and confirm I wanted it. I rolled in for my appointment and they take my info yadda, yadda....Just show me the rig.

Turns out it's black and spec'd the way I had with the orders (I'd prefer a red or white but I'm not picky since I cant have Leadfoot). Comes with 801A, Tech, Moon roof and auto start/stop delete. It also has the 35 graphics package as well.

I told the guy...congrats, easiest sale you've made. I'll write you a check right now (cash in the bank ready to go) for the sticker price. He's happy we go to do the paperwork and the sales manager comes over......New numbers in hand... $20k ADM....plus fees.....like $98k OTD.

I stood up as she tries to explain the exclusivity....chip shortage....yadda yadda...shook the sales guy's hand and said call me when you want the easy sale and walked out. Wife and I were 10 mins down the road when my phone rings....sure enough the owner of the dealership was asking why the freshly delivered raptor was out front dirty and he told that manager to get me back right quick and in a hurry. :) So, ended up getting what I wanted with no wait at MSRP. Win for the weekend.
Congrats. I too was lurking to replace my 2020 rapid red but found a Ford Maverick in NH at MSRP as a daily driver. Just purchased a Scout truck camper to pick up in Seattle . So the iKamper RTT and Diamond back cover may need to go but I do like the cover!

aaron1085

Reaction score
Short story: Got a perfectly optioned 22' for MSRP.

Afternoon all! I've been lurking, reading and subsequently ordering a Raptor. Actually I have 2 on order from dealers out of my state (NH). However, my local dealer shot me a text saying they had one being dropped on their lot last night and I ought to swing by and check it out.

I'm skeptical as this dealer isn't the brightest set of highbeams, but figured I could at least sit in it and confirm I wanted it. I rolled in for my appointment and they take my info yadda, yadda....Just show me the rig.

Turns out it's black and spec'd the way I had with the orders (I'd prefer a red or white but I'm not picky since I cant have Leadfoot). Comes with 801A, Tech, Moon roof and auto start/stop delete. It also has the 35 graphics package as well.

I told the guy...congrats, easiest sale you've made. I'll write you a check right now (cash in the bank ready to go) for the sticker price. He's happy we go to do the paperwork and the sales manager comes over......New numbers in hand... $20k ADM....plus fees.....like $98k OTD.

I stood up as she tries to explain the exclusivity....chip shortage....yadda yadda...shook the sales guy's hand and said call me when you want the easy sale and walked out. Wife and I were 10 mins down the road when my phone rings....sure enough the owner of the dealership was asking why the freshly delivered raptor was out front dirty and he told that manager to get me back right quick and in a hurry. :) So, ended up getting what I wanted with no wait at MSRP. Win for the weekend.

NH guy myself and find it hilarious these clowns in southern NH want $15-$20k ADM. I’m not that desperate. Apparently others are and these greedy dealers will be remembered.

Can I ask who gave you this great deal; maybe they’ll get a second deal out of it.