Just the tips... How to make them blacker????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skullomania

Reaction score
I bought a Corsa cat back in 2020. I had to get polished tips because the black tips were about 3 months out. Took the polished tips to my buddy's shop and he coated them for me. Still look as good today as the day I picked them up.

That was my issue with the stock exhaust. Coming out of the store one day and realized my entire stock exhaust was completely covered in surface rust.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant believe nobody has said anything yet. so i guess i have to. he is asking for a black tip, doesnt that throw up a red flag?

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
i cant believe nobody has said anything yet. so i guess i have to. he is asking for a black tip, doesnt that throw up a red flag?
AP?

Just hit it with a ball peen hammer, THAT will insure that that sucker will be black. Won't be able to have kids anymore, but............ What? ........... Oh! Sorry! Wrong tip. o_O

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're either born with a black tip, or... you're not.

I'd suggest a high-temp ceramic coating (like for wheels). It will give it that gloss black look you're after.