Just the tips... How to make them blacker????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Pics of my exhaust tips from my 22 Raptor with about 2500 miles on it. Tips are ugly. I like em black, like they were when new. Obviously vehicle is dirty here, but even when cleaned, they are much duller when compared to new. Is this normal or a warranty issue? Any home fixes?IMG_4847.jpgIMG_4846.jpg

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aerosol Meguiars tire shine with a microfiber is what i use. makes them look brand new. Ill also do a very light spray on the bed-lined running boards... makes those look great too.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I had mine down working on the exhaust I sprayed the tips with Satin Black Engine Enamel. But a waste of time since I’m going to do the Krazy House Customs over the axel exhaust dump if my tire/ chase rack ever comes in. Now I need to decide what rear bumper I want. Has anyone dovetailed their own bed or is it something I should find a body shop for?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Normal. Warranty doesn’t cover “dirty” lol. Any I certainly wouldn’t spray petroleum solvents on any painted surface.

From the factory, they’re painted flat black with no clear coat, so as they get sprayed with road water/dirt/debris and heat cycled it tends to get burned on.

I would follow the same steps as with any paint correction; clean and buff.

KAJRIP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you clean them spray them with Amsoil HDMP and wipe it in. Makes them black again and keeps them looking nice.