Just something funny that happened at the dealership.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at a local dealership this past Saturday, to do some research on the super cab vs. super crew cab. Since the cab sizes are standard on F-150's (I hope), I decided to go and measure & physically sit in both. Of course, 5 seconds after being on the lot, I'm approached by a salesman. It scared the hell out of me because one minute, he wasn't there and the next...he's right behind me. Anyway, I was totally upfront with him and told him the reason I was there. He asked me what was I buying. I told him, a Raptor. His response, "yeah..good luck". I blew that off because he obviously didn't know what he was talking about and I didn't need him anyway. So, he showed me both cab sizes and I was able to get the info I needed. As we are walking back to the show room, he goes into sale mode. He's trying to sell me every F-150 we walk past. He's throwing every stat, rebate & special offer at me. I told him no, my mind is set on the Raptor. That didn't stop him. He went on talking about how expensive they are, I probably can't find one anywhere and how he could make me a great deal on one that's in stock. So now, I need to stop this guy and make him understand that I am buying a Raptor and nothing else will do. I say to him, let me ask you something. When you go out to eat and all you want is a nice big juicy steak...would you settle for a hamburger? He said no. If you go to buy a pair of Under Armour shoes and all they have are Nike's, would you buy them? Again, he said no. And finally, if you were to go to a strip club with the guys, do you want to see busty women or women who aren't so busty? He said, busty...absolutely busty! I say to him, damn right because that is your preference and you will settle for nothing less...right? He says, while laughing, I see you point. Well here's my preference. I want to walk up to my new Raptor, wearing my brand new Under Armour shoes and have my busty wife sitting in the passenger seat and we are going to go out to dinner and have a nice big juicy steak!
....the salesman asked if he could come.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember once when I told a salesman that I wanted to order a blue 1986 Ford Bronco XLT with a 351W 4 barrel. The salesman was trying his best to get me to buy what he had on the lot. He said "I'm sure that we could add any option or take off any option on one that we have in stock'. He said "I really would like you to buy one today".

I told him "I don't think you are going to take the 6 CYL out & put in a 351 V8 in one". Some of them just want to sell you anything that they have instead of working to find, or ordering what you really want. Other Sales professionals will work hard to find just the right vehicle & & work a trade with another dealership to get it.

Most customers don't know much about a vehicle when they are shopping around and are easily guided into a vehicle by a salesperson.

Most people that buy a Raptor have done their homework, many times thanks to FRF.
I think most of us on FRF know more about a Raptor than most salespeople.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember once when I told a salesman that I wanted to order a blue 1986 Ford Bronco XLT with a 351W 4 barrel. The salesman was trying his best to get me to buy what he had on the lot. He said "I'm sure that we could add any option or take off any option on one that we have in stock'. He said "I really would like you to buy one today".

I told him "I don't think you are going to take the 6 CYL out & put in a 351 V8 in one". Some of them just want to sell you anything that they have instead of working to find, or ordering what you really want. Other Sales professionals will work hard to find just the right vehicle & & work a trade with another dealership to get it.

Most customers don't know much about a vehicle when they are shopping around and are easily guided into a vehicle by a salesperson.

Most people that buy a Raptor have done their homework, many times thanks to FRF.
I think most of us on FRF know more about a Raptor than most salespeople.

This is so true

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i remember once when i told a salesman that i wanted to order a blue 1986 ford bronco xlt with a 351w 4 barrel. The salesman was trying his best to get me to buy what he had on the lot. He said "i'm sure that we could add any option or take off any option on one that we have in stock'. He said "i really would like you to buy one today".

I told him "i don't think you are going to take the 6 cyl out & put in a 351 v8 in one". Some of them just want to sell you anything that they have instead of working to find, or ordering what you really want. Other sales professionals will work hard to find just the right vehicle & & work a trade with another dealership to get it.

Most people that buy a raptor have done their homework, many times thanks to frf.
I think most of us on frf know more about a raptor than most salespeople.

absolutely true!

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kills me when a salesman tells you good luck finding a certain new car...They build them 7 days a week, so anything is doable!!

I like how you finished the discussion with him...Good on you!