Just double checking.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Race Red isn't more popular, but I'm happy it isn't. I've had a few issues with my 2018, and don't really trust it, so I'm going to get rid of it and upgrade to the 2020. I ended up about 5200 under MSRP which I don't think is quite invoice, but I'm happy with the deal considering I paid 1K over for my 18, and the dealers are charging 5-20K over in Alaska still with no Race Red to be found anywhere in the state.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally will be able to get the paperwork done for my new '20 race red Screw tomorrow. It's about time. I guess many states are starting to loosen the chain a little bit. From what I've seen on the internet, I can expect about 1/8" of added length once I pick it up and drive it. My question is, does it happen all at once or does it take a few weeks? :cool:

Please send pics. Would like to see your new RED Raptor.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ArticRaptor any particular reason why you wouldn’t want to drive up rather than shipping it . It’s a great drive .

I've done the drive north 4 times and south twice going back and forth to Vegas. I shipped one truck back to Seattle after my wife gave birth to our second child, she wasn't in the mood for a long drive. The extra time driving north was in an RV, and that was a blast. I would drive this one up, however the borders are shut down, and our state has a mandatory two week quarantine for anybody entering Alaska from out of state. My first quote to ship was $2,395, so it's not too bad.

Reaction score
I've done the drive north 4 times and south twice going back and forth to Vegas. I shipped one truck back to Seattle after my wife gave birth to our second child, she wasn't in the mood for a long drive. The extra time driving north was in an RV, and that was a blast. I would drive this one up, however the borders are shut down, and our state has a mandatory two week quarantine for anybody entering Alaska from out of state. My first quote to ship was $2,395, so it's not too bad.
That true about the border crossing , but I heard that Dunleavy is going up the state for limited business this weekend and ramp businesses back up .
I’m flying back up on the 2nd week of May so hopefully that will hold true and the 14 day quarantine get relaxed. I’ve driven that route once from Los Angeles , once from Seattle and have driven back on the Cassier a few years back .
It’s just a beautiful part of the country,
that sometimes you forgot about .