Just double checking.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the Race Red, best color out there and not only does it come with added length, but if you get the 802A package you get an 1/4" of extra girth as well.
I've got one on hold in Oregon right now and will be shipping it to Alaska. It was hard to find one with the options I wanted. Did you manage to work them down from MSRP at all?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, thought this was a joke. Why is Race Red longer and wider? Are their owners better than everyone else?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And Velcro sneakers - babe magnets.

They really are, as long as they are white and I wear my white belt with them, so that the chicks know I am a "sporty" kind of guy.

Congrats on the Race Red, best color out there and not only does it come with added length, but if you get the 802A package you get an 1/4" of extra girth as well.
I've got one on hold in Oregon right now and will be shipping it to Alaska. It was hard to find one with the options I wanted. Did you manage to work them down from MSRP at all?

Thanks. I actually got it at dealer invoice as a factory order back in Feb, before all this Wuhan virus crap started. It's been sitting at the dealer for several weeks because the dealers were not allowed to do any transfers. Here's a good thread from a few days ago concerning pricing. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/dealers-selling-2020s-at-invoice.75517/

OK, thought this was a joke. Why is Race Red longer and wider? Are their owners better than everyone else?

Race Red makes ME wider and longer, and Race Red owners ARE better than everyone else, but not THAT much better. Just a little.

D

Deleted member 17706

I just got a 2020 Race Red 802A too. The color looks great in person—don’t know why it is not more common. I got invoice pricing too. @ArcticRaptor Oldfart and I both live in the southeast of the lower 48. Raptor deals are easy pickings down here in the south :)

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a 2020 Race Red 802A too. The color looks great in person—don’t know why it is not more common. I got invoice pricing too. @ArcticRaptor Oldfart and I both live in the southeast of the lower 48. Raptor deals are easy pickings down here in the south :)

I'll travel. Where in the SE? For invoice? Heck yeah......well maybe minus holdback.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Race red is not common down here. I would say 1 out of more than 50, easy. I didn't even know they made the color when I bought mine, there were none in stock at any of the dealers I was shopping.
About a month after I bought mine, I saw a 70 y.o. lady driving a new race red raptor down the road. True story.

D

Deleted member 17706

Race red is not common down here. I would say 1 out of more than 50, easy. I didn't even know they made the color when I bought mine, there were none in stock at any of the dealers I was shopping.
About a month after I bought mine, I saw a 70 y.o. lady driving a new race red raptor down the road. True story.

Yea, Race Red has to be the least common color on the Raptor. I am not typically a big fan of red. But when I saw a Race Red with beadlocks in person, I was sold. The color changes a lot based on lighting.

No kidding, I drove probably close to 1000
miles across the Southeast looking at different color Raptors in the options that I wanted. Lol I went to SC, GA, and FL.

I'll travel. Where in the SE? For invoice? Heck yeah......well maybe minus holdback.

If you spent less time on this forum, you could do your own research and find one :)

You can find invoice deals in nearly every state besides California, Alaska, and Hawaii. My deal was a one off deal at the dealership that I bought from as they don’t normally sell their Raptors at invoice. But they were wanting to sell as many vehicles as they could to close out March and they had four new 2020 Raptors sitting on the lot. I am pretty sure I got into their holdback numbers too.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hadn't seen a Race Red in the wild until last November when I was coming back from a dinner and not even thinking about trucks or vehicles. I saw a Race Red in front of a dealer under their bright lights and had a "holy crap" moment because of how it popped, even at night. Up until that point I was going to get an Oxford White one. I looped around on the highway so I could go back & take a closer look and I knew that was what I was going to get.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter