JLT oil separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just emptied mine for the second time after coming back from Rise of the Phoenix. Another two tablespoons. It's a great product. Wish I did it sooner, but I did at least run a bottle of seafoam in the gas tank.

Drew@DMP

Reaction score
Is there a solution for the Roush guys?

Ohai

The JLT oil/air separators aren't bad for the size, im a fan of a true catch can setup. I've seen a lot of oil vapor/residue still makes its way through these, although they catch a good amount. I ran a Peterson catch can setup on the 5.0, will be mocking it onto the Raptor.

RazorSharpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed mine tonight, looking forward to results. My truck only has 2.8k miles on it so I didn't bother with the seafoam cleaning.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed mine and have yet to do a clean out.

Do we know if the changes in head covers make a difference? Vanilla_Gorilla and I noticed the heads were different on his 2011 and my 2014.

His are aluminum and taller. Mine are plastic and flat.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I emptied my JLT this afternoon and it was almost full again. It measured out to be 33ml of oil collected in 1500 miles. This seems excessive to me but I don't really know what the norm is. I just switched to Motorcraft full synthetic oil so I'll see if that has any effect on the amount that gets collected.

Motorcraft003_zps0a64e6ee.jpg

Last edited: