JLT oil separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's from the cyclonic effect from the spinning crank. Air is drawn down on the drivers side and pushed up on the passenger.

Oh sure! The crankshaft is anything but aerodynamic and would necessarily move air, and oil droplets embedded in the air. A perfect explanation. Thank you, Mr. Crampton.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a little feedback, even Supercharged my drivers side hose is dry.
Whipple setup has the drivers side hose really close to the filter, so there's very little to none it terms of vacuum.
I see some CAI setups that place the drivers side hose very close to the TB where the tube starts getting smaller
and will start a venture effect on the drivers side hose.
I seriously question that, and have done my own research and ask reliable engine shops about this and basically this is what I came up with.

Having both sides of the valve covers sucking air all the time is not a good idea, crank case pressure being - or + is never a good thing,
from drawing fuel pass the rings, blowing gaskets, you can potentially prevent the oil squirters in our engines from doing there job.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After only 116 miles, here is the intake reside from my newly installed Moroso air/oil separator:

Attachments

• Intake Residue.jpg
    Intake Residue.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 114

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Logged my first 100 miles since install and this is what I found. Amazing to think this would normally be going back into the intake. Can't imagine what the subzero temps will do.

Attachments

• 20141010_132429.jpg
    20141010_132429.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 82

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a little feedback, even Supercharged my drivers side hose is dry.
Whipple setup has the drivers side hose really close to the filter, so there's very little to none it terms of vacuum.
I see some CAI setups that place the drivers side hose very close to the TB where the tube starts getting smaller
and will start a venture effect on the drivers side hose.
I seriously question that, and have done my own research and ask reliable engine shops about this and basically this is what I came up with.

Having both sides of the valve covers sucking air all the time is not a good idea, crank case pressure being - or + is never a good thing,
from drawing fuel pass the rings, blowing gaskets, you can potentially prevent the oil squirters in our engines from doing there job.

Just my 2 cents.

Vette drivers with a lot more HP and uglier conditions than you see plus you need to do more research because you are Very Much in the weeds here.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So your saying speed shops and engine builders don't know what their talking about.

Ahhhh, OK

Sorry you are going to the wrong ones lol. I have had motorcycles that make your wimpy Ford look like a toy..... You do not want to go here but if you do then be my guest.... Love to scalp Yankees:mwah1:

Since you live up there do you know Scott Shafiroff?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, and look all his engines on the website, they have a breather filter on the drivers side.

Well what do you know about that.

Last edited: