JL Audio upgrade-wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are on the fence, this upgrade is amazing, reasonable priced and you avoid touching head unit or stock amp.

Followed Birdman's great post on sub/amp install but used a little different equipment.

JL Audio 10W1 sub with XD300 amp. Added Audio Control LC2i since Supercrew's sub does not run on a separate amp. Very easy to install plus you get a little better bass adjustment and can avoid tapping your fuse box since it has a built in remote start when radio goes on and tells the amp when to turn on.

Replaced all door speakers with JL Audio C2 570x's and tweeters with C2 075 CT but they are running off stock Sony amp.

Great upgrade you can do yourself by ordering from crutch field so you have tech support and can get everything you need except for the box which came from super crew sound.

It is so much better than stock that I can't believe it, very happy and everything looks totally stock.:peace:

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same amp and sub and love it.

So the JL door speaker and tweeters run off the stock Sony amp? I left the door and tweeters stock but am starting to wish I had better sound.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
nice! glad you got this done. sorry i was too late to answer your PM!

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1200!!!??? I have many places to spend that first. The sony system doesn't suck enough for me to buy something else. I actually think it sounds fine.

Sorry bro, but you should get your ears checked, $1200 for that kind of improvement in my opinion is a good deal

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Did you guys have a chance to listen to Ryan's system with his new subwoofer at the Run? It sounded amazing so I ordered the same sub when I got home.

Sonicelectronix.com, it's an MTX Thunderform F150EX09FB10A-TN, $549... BUT you can hit "Make an Offer" button and type in $367... and it's free shipping!:rockit: