JL Audio upgrade-wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you guys have a chance to listen to Ryan's system with his new subwoofer at the Run? It sounded amazing so I ordered the same sub when I got home.

Sonicelectronix.com, it's an MTX Thunderform F150EX09FB10A-TN, $549... BUT you can hit "Make an Offer" button and type in $367... and it's free shipping!:rockit:

I just ordered mine! I didn't want to mess with building a box for my sub and mounting an amp. I already ran my 4ga wire for the stuff that I planned on putting in their but what a PITA. Anyways the factory system really isn't that bad except for the bass!

rylee44

Reaction score
Did you guys have a chance to listen to Ryan's system with his new subwoofer at the Run? It sounded amazing so I ordered the same sub when I got home.

Sonicelectronix.com, it's an MTX Thunderform F150EX09FB10A-TN, $549... BUT you can hit "Make an Offer" button and type in $367... and it's free shipping!:rockit:

Best upgrade for the factory Sony setup that doesn't break the bank!

Rabnud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant ever go wrong with JL.

THIS! When I didn't know ish from ish, I went to a sound shop in WA and got my first sub... a JL 10w0. I loved the sub! I tried a Memphis sub in another stang, it was alright, but when I upgraded to a 10w6v3, good lawd! I've owned several different car audio products in my time, JL takes the cake.:waytogo:

jpanayotov

Reaction score
Hey mcasseba,

Can you share the details on the LC2 hookup? Im a noob when it comes to audio hookups, but I'd like to do this same setup you got. Did you just use the 4 wires at the sub connector as your 2 channels going into the lc2? Also where did you tap for your constant 12v for your LC2?

Thanks in advance!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey mcasseba,

Can you share the details on the LC2 hookup? Im a noob when it comes to audio hookups, but I'd like to do this same setup you got. Did you just use the 4 wires at the sub connector as your 2 channels going into the lc2? Also where did you tap for your constant 12v for your LC2?

Thanks in advance!
what year vehicle do you have?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 f150

consant power - green/ red at ignition harness, also, red or blue/red at BCM in the pannenger kick panel..... also grey/red at radio

factory amp turn on - purple/red at radio. 8 pin plug, pin 4 also at factory amp

dual vioce coil woofer - purple/green (+) green/white (-) voicecoil #1 pins 1 and 9
green/purple (+) grey (-) voice coil #2 pins 2 and 10
at factory amp under center consloe

jpanayotov

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info and the quick reply.

So would I be fine tapping the voice coil one as one channel into the lc2 and then voice coil two as the other?

Also, sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, but dont leave the factory sub hooked up. those wires will go to the audio input on the lc2i. then the rca out to the amp. tuning depends on how you like the music to sound. for a 10 in woofer i usually start about 100hz on lowpass and adjust to you liking.