Jeep Wave, is there a Raptor Wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kalob123

Reaction score
It’s a way of life if your a corvette owner they all do it as I have not now. But being a new raptor owner I don’t see it much when I was to them. Kind of sucks as it’s a normal ing for corvette owners and have met some rear people just by waving stopping to talk about the cars.

CJ2021

Reaction score
We have an 1986 CJ, a boat, a Harley, couple crotch rockets and now a Raptor. And my hubby and I were JUST having this discussion the other day so it's funny to see it here! Everyone on the bike waves, everyone in the jeep waves, everyone in the boat waves and he says "Do your Raptor buddies wave at you??" LOL And I told him "not yet"! I think that whole wave thing is a little strange anyway... "Hey other person... I'm on a Harley too - boat too- jeep too..." And in Florida on a bike or in a boat on a nice day you will be waving every few minutes! BUT, if I get a wave, I will definitely return it! :)

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on who the Raptor owner is. There's a lot more "regular" guys driving these trucks these days who don't even fully understand what kind of truck they have. If it's someone who's put a little bit of money into modding it or uses it to play, you're likely to get a wave as we are all checking each other out. Stock Raptor drivers, not so much.

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a Raptor wave - I just can't remember it (two fingers like a peace sign half raised above the wheel, I think?) I don't see too many Raptors where I am and I can't get any of them to wave back. The only people that wave back are the local farmers that know my family. They all drive regular trucks. Most of the people that can afford vehicles like Raptors where I'm from aren't that pleasant to interact with either which doesn't help. It's sad, but I guess I'll be the only friendly Raptor for now :confused:

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the Jeep people have their wave with one foot out the car and the tire covers which say, "Its a Jeep thang" or "If you can read this, turn me over". if you want to wave at me, I will wave back.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Living in NC I used to get about 2/3 wave back when I initiated and seeing as there was only a dozen or so Raptors around Jacksonville I always saw the same ones. Moving to NorCal I've completely given up waving, nobody returns or initiates and Raps are pretty common around here for mall crawling. **** this state.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 3 finger wave, just about everyone Raptor owner I have come across does it. Had a guy in a Gen 2 lifted with ADD bumpers, FMIC, Methods and 37"s actually flashi his lights at me pullling out of parking lot to get may attention so he could then wave.