IWE line check - still troubleshooting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my IWEs and the lines too.
Had thoughts of buying replacement line kit or the silicone aftermarket (until I saw $$), then used tubing and a couple elbows and fittings from local parts store. Stuff I used is more flexible and pliable than stock stuff. A couple zip ties here and there. Old stuff was crispy and crunchy.
Yea it's CRAZY how brittle the old OEM lines got over time. Same thing on my 2011 Expedition. Grab a section and squeeze the damn lines crumble to dust! Lol

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also CRAZY how common it is...
As soon as I mentioned my troubles here, was told look on top of the shock and there were breaks and cracks.

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be nervous to run those for how much pavement driving I do. If my girl was a weekend toy then sure I'd be all for it. But even with ONE SIDE engaged because of a bad IWE line, I went from around 12mpg down to around 8mpg avg. That's how I knew SOMETHING was seriously wrong. All that additional rotating mass 24/7 on a front driveline that was only intended to be used part time(to my understanding), seems like possible trouble in the long run.

If you don't mind me asking how long ago did you install those IWE deletes? How many miles you have running on them? And how many on your truck all together? Any troubles so far?

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the delete in June 2020 and have had zero issues so far. MPG may have dipped .5-1 if at all.

Not much off-roading, but lots of highway miles and lots of getting after it hard in the snow when we get it here.

Installed around 100k mi, now at 131k mi.