Grinding in 2wd AND 4wd Gen 2 - Not wastegate, not IWE solenoid or check valve,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhuertta

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I posted in the gen 3 forum but really no response. Started in 4 wheel drive, but did not happen in 2h. Drove about 90 miles and it started happening n 2h. Had to tow truck to dealer. Sounds like it was in driver side wheel. They called me today and said the differential is shot. Ordered a new one. But mine makes noise even in neutral coasting down a hill. So hoping that is the problem. They say they will not look at anything else till front diff comes in.
Mine sounds like it’s coming under engine by headers area. Maybe turbos but I don’t have any turbo loss or lag. Inspected the truck twice at dealers and suggested maybe loose heat shield, so they took it to muffler shop and came back clean. Still here the noise but they said mechanically nothing is wrong with the truck hmmm

hjscm

Reaction score
They finally got back to me today. Said nothing wrong with diff but broke housing and one bad bearing which is another week out to get. Not sure they know what they are doing.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The hard plastic vacuum lines were bad on my Raptor, and a few of my older Expeditions causing noises from the IWEs.

hjscm

Reaction score
So dealer that i bought truck from has been talking to me. Truck is at another dealer cause i live far away from where I brought it. They are going to make a deal for a trade in on a 2023. He started out by saying they are hard to find and mark up is $30,000. Mine only has 4,500 miles on it and i payed $98,000. Would it be fair if i paid another $5,000 and payments stayed the same? Truck wont be fixed for at least 2 more weeks. Means i payed 2 payments for a truck i don’t have. Going to negotiate a deal tomorrow just trying to figure out what is fair for both. Thanks