Where to begin... IWE noise? rat damage? oil leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
Rodent damage. Pick up some Fresh Cab botanical rodent repellent and hang a couple bags under your hood.
I've used that Fresh Cab stuff in a crawl space & on my fishing boat with great success...Where and how should it be hung? I just discovered rodent damage as well & need to resolve it. Thanks!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I've used that Fresh Cab stuff in a crawl space & on my fishing boat with great success...Where and how should it be hung? I just discovered rodent damage as well & need to resolve it. Thanks!

Watched some YouTube videos where they stated mixing peppermint oil in water and spraying the engine compartment takes care of this issue and to just re-apply when the smell is faint.

OP
OP
Reaction score
UPDATE 3/4/21

Took it to another dealer. Regarding both of the engine noises, they think it is related to the cam phasers. Apparently there is a new PCM update for the F150 to address cam phasers. The Raptor update won't be available until May. Ford engineering told them to do the PCM update in May when it's available. If that doesn't fix the issue they will replace the cam phasers. Apparently cam phaser warranty has been extended to 69,000 miles. I'm not sure which models this applies to. The tech seemed to think that a letter may be sent out.
UPDATE 3/20/21 - FIXED AT LAST

Second dealer called me and told me cam phaser parts came in and they would go ahead and replace without waiting for the projected May PCM update. Took it in on Weds morning and got it back Friday afternoon. It runs like new now. No more engine noises. Also it appears that replacing the IWE actuators a few weeks ago fixed the front end noise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk