It’s just slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kechinng

Reaction score
Agreed.
For such a heavy piece of machinery with “soft” suspension and fat off-road tires, I find it more than adequate.
I drive a 911 and a Tesla 3 Performance. To be honest, out of the 3, the 911 might be the one feeling the slowest :D probably due to the fact that it has the least amount of torque.
You need to try a 991.2 turbo s…

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a Gen 1 that's an unmarked supercharged Hennessey Raptor. He loves it when someone tries to show him who's boss. You never know what those old Raptors have lurking under the hood, but it always starts with "V8".

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a Gen 1 that's an unmarked supercharged Hennessey Raptor. He loves it when someone tries to show him who's boss. You never know what those old Raptors have lurking under the hood, but it always starts with "V8".
It starts with a slow V8 that can be made fast if you dump a bunch of money into it.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And ends with a bang and internal engine parts scattered all over the road.
Surprisingly, that Hennessey Raptor has over 200,000 original miles on it. It runs like a scalded dog, and sounds good to boot. He's not easy on it either. I would never have believed that a supercharged 6.2 would hold up for 200K. He told me yesterday that he thinks he may need a transmission soon. If you ask me, that's not bad at all.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, that Hennessey Raptor has over 200,000 original miles on it. It runs like a scalded dog, and sounds good to boot. He's not easy on it either. I would never have believed that a supercharged 6.2 would hold up for 200K. He told me yesterday that he thinks he may need a transmission soon. If you ask me, that's not bad at all.

I would be surprised if I put a supercharger on a 5.0 F-150 if I could get 100k without the engine or transmission giving up the ghost. The 6.2 is a great commercial engine though except for all the spark plugz.