It’s just slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy my gen 3 besides I can’t get the f’ing fender flares for it. But these trucks are SLOW. They are peppy on the bottom end but just die off at 60+. I did a 60 roll with a S/C gen 1 and today it walked away from me. I was in sport mode at 4k rpm when we hit it. I also barely walked away from some old tundra, he was being a ***** and I tried to haul *** away but I damn sure didn’t leave him in the dust.

The 3.5 has plenty of power it seems but it’s just not quick. It makes all kinds of fast noises when you hammer on it but the result doesn’t match the noise.

I do not expect it to be a race car by any means but for 80k it should out run most pickups on the road.

This thing needs tuning asap.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I really enjoy my gen 3 besides I can’t get the f’ing fender flares for it. But these trucks are SLOW. They are peppy on the bottom end but just die off at 60+. I did a 60 roll with a S/C gen 1 and today it walked away from me. I was in sport mode at 4k rpm when we hit it. I also barely walked away from some old tundra, he was being a ***** and I tried to haul *** away but I damn sure didn’t leave him in the dust.

The 3.5 has plenty of power it seems but it’s just not quick. It makes all kinds of fast noises when you hammer on it but the result doesn’t match the outcome.

I do not expect it to be a race car by any means but for 80k it should out run most pickups on the road.

This thing needs tuning asap.

You're in the oil patch, you running gas from a real gas station? :) I think they adjusted the power band in the Gen 3, you would do better pulling from a lower rpm, higher gear, I would think. If you were in manual shift mode at 4k, you're not gonna out-think the computer.

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in the oil patch, you running gas from a real gas station? :) I think they adjusted the power band in the Gen 3, you would do better pulling from a lower rpm, higher gear, I would think. If you were in manual shift mode at 4k, you're not gonna out-think the computer.
93 octane. No manual shift, I let the computer do the work.

I disagree on the lower RPM, the truck doesn’t pull from the bottom ever (except from a stand still obviously) It’s a high revving truck. What happens when you accelerate in your truck from a cruising speed ? It drops about 3-4 gears.

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I smoked a tahoe RsT with a 6.2 last week. Truck seems fast to me. Im gonna race my friends G550 soon. Are you riding 37’s? Whats the specs on your truck?