It’s just slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I daily drove my Raptor, I would consider mixing in some E85. I don’t know if anyone has tried this yet on a stock Gen3, but my understanding is the fuel system can safely tolerate up to about E30.

Price and availability vary by location, of course.
Not available here . What would be the advantage of this?

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a G3 Raptor and I am awaiting confirmation I am able to get a V8 Raptor. From preliminary photos it looks to have very minimal, if any, cosmetic upgrades and is strictly all engine upgrades. I think thats awesome, but its not going to change my stance that the v6 raptor does a fantastic job at what it is designed to do. It is an off roading beast and is awesome on the street. I daily mine and really don't think I am going to maximize any of the v8 "upgrades" once I get one. As I said before, if I want to drive fast and have some fun, I drive another one of my cars.

To make it brief, if I want to go out for a fun Sunday drive, I am not taking my raptor (v6 or V8)
It’s more about drive fast… it’s any other choice of engine instead of the ecoboom.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not available here . What would be the advantage of this?
E85 has an octane of 100-105.

Ethanol % varies based on location (there’s an acceptable range for both), but let’s assume Your 91 pump gas has 10% (E10) and your E85 is E70 (70% ethanol and 30% gasoline).

Using a 36 gallon tank, we will fill with 26 gallons of 91 (E10) and 10 gallons of 102 octane E85 (E70).

This would give us a full tank of fuel at 94 octane, E27.

The ethanol has less BTU’s (energy) than gasoline, but we are only increasing the overall % by 17.

There will be some loss of mpg, but there will be an increase in power and slightly cooler fuel charge which turbo engines seem to like, especially in hot ambient temperatures.

The biggest factor is cost. The average price/gal (today) of E85 is about $1 less than regular 87 E10 and just under $2 less than premium gasoline.

The loss in mpg is usually offset by the lower $/gal and you have a higher octane fuel.

I don’t use it in my truck because it only gets used about every other weekend and we all know the perils of keeping unused E anything sitting too long.

I do use E30 in my daily driver, Kia Stinger GT 3.3T with stock tune and it runs great.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is what it is guy. Quick but not what I would consider fast. It’s fun to drive though. Patiently waiting on the Goose.
Roger that. Keep us posted, well I guess you have, 12 pages lol.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that. Keep us posted, well I guess you have, 12 pages lol.

So, why bother to keep scraping the bottom of the barrel to get to half the HP of the TRX and R? Why not ditch the service fleet level engine and get into the 5.2SC or Hellcat TRX. No use trying to get this fleet ecoboost to high HP.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, why bother to keep scraping the bottom of the barrel to get to half the HP of the TRX and R? Why not ditch the service fleet level engine and get into the 5.2SC or Hellcat TRX. No use trying to get this fleet ecoboost to high HP.
Oh Sasquatch. The Gen 2 engine is exclusive to the Raptor and Limited. Derived from the Ford GT (that won Le Mans). Never used in a single fleet application.

You’re just sore that the Gen 1 you idolize shares its engine with shuttle buses. You really are a pathetic individual, your trolling knows no limits.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey numb nuts half the horse power of the TRX is only 351. The H.O. Ecoboost makes 450.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think the v6 is slow, check out the new raptor r video. It's so slow, they are calling it the molasses edition. It can barely spin the tires in the sand. All it does is makes a bunch of noise.