It’s just slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfman66

Reaction score
New on forum and very new to the Raptor but not new to Ford or the F150. Had two 5.0 and one ecoboost all ten speeds, my 2019 King Range ecoboost was great truck, and it would blister any truck I ever pulled up to, including my 5.0’s, it also towed great and torque seem to play a big part in its power and speed. Since I towed a lot, I always ran 93 octane in it and it really seemed to help that eco boost engine. I would never have called it slow. Now to the Raptor, it’s new and I haven’t pushed it but it seems slower than my King Ranch. I just filled up with 93oct. and it hurt my credit card but I did notice a change and did seem to add some bottom end snap. I hope that is the case anyway time will tell. But if the Raptor is too slow I’ll just drive the wife’s car.

Attachments

• DBFE6F93-89A3-4AC3-BCF7-AE3F3EAF5AD8.jpeg
    DBFE6F93-89A3-4AC3-BCF7-AE3F3EAF5AD8.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 22

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New on forum and very new to the Raptor but not new to Ford or the F150. Had two 5.0 and one ecoboost all ten speeds, my 2019 King Range ecoboost was great truck, and it would blister any truck I ever pulled up to, including my 5.0’s, it also towed great and torque seem to play a big part in its power and speed. Since I towed a lot, I always ran 93 octane in it and it really seemed to help that eco boost engine. I would never have called it slow. Now to the Raptor, it’s new and I haven’t pushed it but it seems slower than my King Ranch. I just filled up with 93oct. and it hurt my credit card but I did notice a change and did seem to add some bottom end snap. I hope that is the case anyway time will tell. But if the Raptor is too slow I’ll just drive the wife’s car.
Nice Combo! Yellow Sports cars pair well with "slow G3 Raptors" :D

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, maybe should have waited for the V8 Raptor coming?
These gen 2/3 threads are hard to follow with sour grapes comments about not needing more power… slower raptor is better. It’s like these owners are trying to justify why they would have an ecoboost raptor, and not want more power from the new v8 raptor. Never mind the TRX.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These gen 2/3 threads are hard to follow with sour grapes comments about not needing more power… slower raptor is better. It’s like these owners are trying to justify why they would have an ecoboost raptor, and not want more power from the new v8 raptor. Never mind the TRX.
Many of us that own Raptors (not you) use them as our daily drivers, not weekend toys. For most, going from a 16MPG to 10MPG average is not practical when the truck already has more than enough power and torque. G2 and G3 do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds; acting like that’s slow just makes you look ignorant.

Wolfman66

Reaction score
Many of us that own Raptors (not you) use them as our daily drivers, not weekend toys. For most, going from a 16MPG to 10MPG average is not practical when the truck already has more than enough power and torque. G2 and G3 do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds; acting like that’s slow just makes you look ignorant.
I do agree, hurting the gas mileage with a 700hp truck is just not practical for many that daily drive their raptors

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a G3 Raptor and I am awaiting confirmation I am able to get a V8 Raptor. From preliminary photos it looks to have very minimal, if any, cosmetic upgrades and is strictly all engine upgrades. I think thats awesome, but its not going to change my stance that the v6 raptor does a fantastic job at what it is designed to do. It is an off roading beast and is awesome on the street. I daily mine and really don't think I am going to maximize any of the v8 "upgrades" once I get one. As I said before, if I want to drive fast and have some fun, I drive another one of my cars.

To make it brief, if I want to go out for a fun Sunday drive, I am not taking my raptor (v6 or V8)

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must say I have been using 87 my last 2 fill-ups due to the more than .60 difference from regs to 93 oct. This coupled with the high temps above 90 this truck is cutting power BIG TIME.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say I have been using 87 my last 2 fill-ups due to the more than .60 difference from regs to 93 oct. This coupled with the high temps above 90 this truck is cutting power BIG TIME.
If I daily drove my Raptor, I would consider mixing in some E85. I don’t know if anyone has tried this yet on a stock Gen3, but my understanding is the fuel system can safely tolerate up to about E30.

Price and availability vary by location, of course.