It’s just slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
160 lbs is alot, I will agree with you, but thats more than I remember when we corner weighted my 14 VS the 17 we had. Probably should have taken pictures..lol

As for my supercharged 6.2 getting "smoked" by a tuned Gen 2... That never happened, not in the dirt and not going to Starbucks. Im sure there are some very fast tuned eco boost trucks running around, but I never had one get past my door from a 30mph roll.

Anyway, not looking to get into any BS G1 vs G2, they are both great trucks, I was just sharing my personal experiences with my supercharged 6.2 and pointing out the weight advantage is not that much.

Here is a video of me in my tuned gen 2 screw with a few bolt ons racing a gen 1 scab with a supercharger.

He beats me off the line then I reel him in for the win.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never understood the concept of a "Fast Truck". It just does not make sense in any way. Aside from going fast on a straight road, physics says you will never get the capability that you would get in a fast car. These trucks are marketed to be off roading beasts, which the raptor is. The TRX is a little bit of road beast and little bit off road beast. If you want to go fast on road, you can get a car for half the price of a raptor that will suffice.

I love the Raptor and its capabilities are awesome. If i want to go fast on the road, I dont choose a pick up truck. You dont use a baseball glove to hit the ball.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never understood the concept of a "Fast Truck". It just does not make sense in any way. Aside from going fast on a straight road, physics says you will never get the capability that you would get in a fast car. These trucks are marketed to be off roading beasts, which the raptor is. The TRX is a little bit of road beast and little bit off road beast. If you want to go fast on road, you can get a car for half the price of a raptor that will suffice.

I love the Raptor and its capabilities are awesome. If i want to go fast on the road, I dont choose a pick up truck. You dont use a baseball glove to hit the ball.

Today you can get car for half the price of Raptor, tomorrow you can get car for 80% of the price of a Raptor.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score

thats a dumb statement. Its basic math , we want performance , performance requires HP. If you have HP you have performance , if you have high performance you have fast. Yes they r meant for off road and they XL there , but they are and should be quick on a street and are.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

True, but you do use a Wilson A2000 glove to bit^hslap a Mizuno.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a dumb statement. Its basic math , we want performance , performance requires HP. If you have HP you have performance , if you have high performance you have fast. Yes they r meant for off road and they XL there , but they are and should be quick on a street and ary

thats a dumb statement. Its basic math , we want performance , performance requires HP. If you have HP you have performance , if you have high performance you have fast. Yes they r meant for off road and they XL there , but they are and should be quick on a street and are.
wut ? HP does not equal performance. Are you forgetting about everything thing else that has to do with performance? The whole physics thing? Down force, Torque, weight?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
wut ? HP does not equal performance. Are you forgetting about everything thing else that has to do with performance? The whole physics thing? Down force, Torque, weight?

Are you saying it's not fast for a truck, or not fast for a Tesla?

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying it's not fast for a truck, or not fast for a Tesla?
I think it's fast for a pick up truck. I don't find myself wanting more power out of it. I PERSONALLY feel more power would be useless. It will just go vroom faster in a straight line. That is not performance driving in my opinion.

Edit - we only acknowledge Tesla because of their owners willingness to buy back our free speech. Other than that